Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering buying a 2 year old Mito with semi-automatic gearbox. I don't know why but a nagging voice keeps telling me that's a bad idea and I should get a manual instead. Are there known issues with the Automatic? Can anyone advise me on this please?

I know the car will be much more fun to drive with a manual box buy my wife really wants the automatic, so apart from losing some of the thrill of the ride and poorer MPG, are there any other issues with an Auto please?

Many thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum. Never driven an auto mito but I know they are very rare. If you do a google search I think you may find out why. From memory all the reviews say it is jerky and doesnt suit the car. Hoeever if you read the latesr reviews you wouldny buy a mito at all:rolleyes:
Best bet is drive it, get an extended warranty, buy it if it suits you and your family and dont worry want anyone else thinks.:D
Exactly what my other half has done when she chose a Fiat 500l auto.:)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi there, I'm one of those rarities a MITO Auto owner, I was specifically after one after driving a smart roadster for 8 years. Mine came with the flappy padels, which are great fun or even just using the manual mode is good fun.
I havent noticed any jerky ness but I do a lot of my journey to work on the M3. Even basic town driving in full auto seems to be smooth and trouble free so far on a 22 plate with 24k miles.
Plus putting it on D mode and flooring it will out drag any manual Mito I bet LOL :p, haven't you seen the GOLF GTI Manual v Auto drag test ?

I guess you need ot find out what sort of driving the previous owner was doing?

and regards to MPG, well driving like miss daisy between 60 to 65, gets me an average return of 45.3 at the moment. that's for nearly 350 miles a week.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. Well, we've taken the plunge and bought an "11" plate automatic with 17k on the clock. Really impressed on the test drive and no regrets so far.

In "normal" mode there does seem to be a momentary lag from a standing start but the shifts between gears are smooth enough. I am astonished at the performance in "dynamic" mode though. It transforms the mild little Mito into a beast and the acceleration, even with automatic shifts, is astounding. Definitely a wolf in sheep's clothing and a true Alfa Romeo.

It's a lovely little car and I foresee rows with the Mrs over who drives it. Certainly, I'll be happy to convince her to take my BMW 3 Coupe and let me get my hands on the Mito. We want to run an economical little car so I'll keep quiet about "dynamic" mode for the moment. However, I can't see that lasting long. :lol:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Considering buying a 2 year old Mito with semi-automatic gearbox. I don't know why but a nagging voice keeps telling me that's a bad idea and I should get a manual instead. Are there known issues with the Automatic? Can anyone advise me on this please?

I know the car will be much more fun to drive with a manual box buy my wife really wants the automatic, so apart from losing some of the thrill of the ride and poorer MPG, are there any other issues with an Auto please?

Many thanks,

Mike
  1. Would not get a moto automatic gearbox whent 12 weeks out of warranty and only 11.390 miles and had no help would never buy any alfa again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts