Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my 159 in having some work done by Monza Sport this week. At first I was a little disappointed to be given a MITO 1.6 Jtd as a loan car. But down by the gear leaver there is a switch 'Normal' (no use at all) and 'Dynamic' (now your talking!!). In normal, steering is light and power is, well 1.6Jtd, a bit dull. Switch to Dynamic, and weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! The steering becomes more responsive (how the hell do they do that??) and another engine map is selected, and the fun begins!!

The car drove like a go cart and was going to be fun from the start. On my way to work an Audi A4 came up behind me as I respected the 30 zone, once we cleared out of the village to unrestricted I booted the MITO, it started to fly, the Audi caught up and started to push me. Once down to the duel carriage way and at the first roundabout the 09 Audi 2.0 tdi got in front and pulled away hard, I in turn booted the MITO, and was right behind the Audi, he couldn't pull away. At the next roundabout same thing happens, third roundabout the Audi pulls over to the nearside lane and the little MITO pulls past the Audi, and that was the last I saw of him, he gave up trying to prove how quick his Vorsprung Durk Tekniq was!!!:lol::cheese:

I should point out that at no point were any speed limits on the unresticted roads broken, both I and the Audi driver eased off at 69 MPH.;)

·
Registered
240 Posts
I had my 159 in having some work done by Monza Sport this week. At first I was a little disappointed to be given a MITO 1.6 Jtd as a loan car. But down by the gear leaver there is a switch 'Normal' (no use at all) and 'Dynamic' (now your talking!!). In normal, steering is light and power is, well 1.6Jtd, a bit dull. Switch to Dynamic, and weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! The steering becomes more responsive (how the hell do they do that??) and another engine map is selected, and the fun begins!!

The car drove like a go cart and was going to be fun from the start. On my way to work an Audi A4 came up behind me as I respected the 30 zone, once we cleared out of the village to unrestricted I booted the MITO, it started to fly, the Audi caught up and started to push me. Once down to the duel carriage way and at the first roundabout the 09 Audi 2.0 tdi got in front and pulled away hard, I in turn booted the MITO, and was right behind the Audi, he couldn't pull away. At the next roundabout same thing happens, third roundabout the Audi pulls over to the nearside lane and the little MITO pulls past the Audi, and that was the last I saw of him, he gave up trying to prove how quick his Vorsprung Durk Tekniq was!!!:lol::cheese:

I should point out that at no point were any speed limits on the unresticted roads broken, both I and the Audi driver eased off at 69 MPH.;)
unrestricted roads are 60mph, its only motorways 70mph!

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
3,728 Posts

I should point out that at no point were any speed limits on the unresticted roads broken, both I and the Audi driver eased off at 59 MPH.;)
Thats better :thumbs::thumbs:

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
some deresticted dual carrigeways are 70, there is one near menerner:

M

·
0 Posts
audi is ugliest looking car ever.
the mito is very very fun car.
i love my mito very much. :)

·
Administrator
45,321 Posts
unrestricted roads are 60mph, its only motorways 70mph!
Actually de-restricted dual carriageways are also 70mph. It's amazing how many people think otherwise though.

So assuming the road Alfa-Red was on didn't have 60mph signs and did have a central reservation (and he's telling the truth :D ), he was doing below the speed limit. If he did that on a single carriageway road though, he's a great naughty crim.

·
Registered
54,872 Posts
As you say bazza, it's rather amazing how many people do not know that. I've had countless heated
discussions with people who believe that all dual carriageways are 60 mph zones. Often resorting to
showing them the relevant part of the highway code to end a stupid argument :rolleyes:

And these people are free to drive on our roads every day :lol:

Nice to hear this story of a spirited drive in a MiTo though. I remember, years back, hearing similarly
excited stories about the Alfasud when it was new :D Seems Alfa are repeating their history :thumbs:

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Well I never! And me always thinking Vorsprung durch Technik, was just an intimation of intelligence with an engineering bias? :D Clever cars, silly drivers.:lol:

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Actually de-restricted dual carriageways are also 70mph. It's amazing how many people think otherwise though.

So assuming the road Alfa-Red was on didn't have 60mph signs and did have a central reservation (and he's telling the truth :D ), he was doing below the speed limit. If he did that on a single carriageway road though, he's a great naughty crim.
how did i get a mention there:confused::lol:

·
Regional Support, For South Scotland - AOSS
3,507 Posts
i had my 159 in having some work done by monza sport this week. At first i was a little disappointed to be given a mito 1.6 jtd as a loan car. But down by the gear leaver there is a switch 'normal' (no use at all) and 'dynamic' (now your talking!!). In normal, steering is light and power is, well 1.6jtd, a bit dull. Switch to dynamic, and weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! The steering becomes more responsive (how the hell do they do that??) and another engine map is selected, and the fun begins!!

The car drove like a go cart and was going to be fun from the start.........
+1, :thumbs:. Western in Edinburgh gave me one yesterday whilst the 159 was in for a service. I loved it! Just got into the routine of turning the ignition key with one hand and pushing the switch to 'D' with the other every time and we were off - showing a clean pair of rear Pirellis to quite a few supposed hot-hatches, :D.

The 159 has to go back in next week for some warranty work, and I've asked for (and they've promised) the same loaner again. Almost makes it worthwhile having my bella go sick. Our 147 is due for replacement next year but unfortunately the MiTo's 3-door only spec is impractical for my good lady so we're waiting to see the 149/Milano. If it's even half as good fun as that little MiTo was, we'll be well-chuffed, :thumbs:.

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've driven 3 mitos so far - a 1.6 JTDm, a 155bhp and a 120bhp (the last of which was also a loaner). Loved the two petrol motors but the diesel left me a bit cold.
Were you told about the Dynamic switch?:cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts