Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening All,

With a bit of luck I'll be taking delivery of a nice MiTo Turismo later on in the year - the problem being that it comes with wheel trims!

I'll be looking for an upgrade to genuine alfa alloys sometime in the future, I don't like the look of aftermarket ones as they look cheap. I've found a set of 147 alloys on e-bay, and i'm wondering if anyone can let me know if they would fit the MiTo.

Considering getting some genuine ones will cost over 500 quid, and the chances of me being a new driver and destroying them may be rather high, i'm rather interested in something like these. Obviously in a set of 4!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Alfa-romeo-14...s_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET?hash=item27aeef192c

I hope it is okay to post links to ebay here - if not, feel free to remove.

If they will not fit, if anyone can advise me to a cheaper option (any other alfa wheels) that will fit, it will be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

James

·
Registered
378 Posts
I'm not sure if they will fit as they are 5 stud and the mito is 4 stud! You can buy my mito lusso alloys if me if you like? I'm not ready to sell them yet... But sometime soon.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah yes I see that now, should've noticed that before I posted. Thanks for the reply.

I take it the Lusso alloys are 16"? I'm looking for something a bit more "exotic" I think, and also it appears we are located at different ends of the country which could prove to be a logistical problem!

James

·
Registered
378 Posts
Take a look on here... This is the cheapest place you are going to find the Mito alloys, or just always keep an eye on eBay.. Their is a set of the alloys I have currently at £550

Partsworld-UK Online

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, i'm after some mats too, the ones with the black stitching on that site look rather nice. I'll take a trip up to the dealers to find out the price, as there was a rack of them I noticed.

There is also a set of of the 18" optional alloys on ebay for BIN of £585. Considering they apparently cost £350 each they appear to be a bargain!

M

·
0 Posts
Take a look on here... This is the cheapest place you are going to find the Mito alloys, or just always keep an eye on eBay.. Their is a set of the alloys I have currently at £550

Partsworld-UK Online
Those are mine! (as seen on my profile pic)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/alfa-romeo-mi..._tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET?hash=item2a045c3297

OK so i got rid of the lusso alloys on mine, but i can tell you that those particular wheels offer a good compromise of ride + styling over the 17's and 18's that can be fitted to the car. The standard continental tyres are also top notch (for grip...dont know about ware as i didnt use them enough) and you can stick the tyres that come with the turismo on the alloys after you have eventually worn out the first set:thumbs:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Those are mine! (as seen on my profile pic)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/alfa-romeo-mi..._tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET?hash=item2a045c3297

OK so i got rid of the lusso alloys on mine, but i can tell you that those particular wheels offer a good compromise of ride + styling over the 17's and 18's that can be fitted to the car. The standard continental tyres are also top notch (for grip...dont know about ware as i didnt use them enough) and you can stick the tyres that come with the turismo on the alloys after you have eventually worn out the first set:thumbs:
What alloys do you have now then? I'm interested in getting some new alloys..

·
Registered
497 Posts
I can agree with Matt's post - i have the 17 inchers on mine, but had a lusso for a weekend (courtesy car), and the ride was better, softer (less crashy).

That said, the car was lower on the front - getting up a step that I can make on my car without scraping wind deflectors - did touch with the 16inch wheels.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I can agree with Matt's post - i have the 17 inchers on mine, but had a lusso for a weekend (courtesy car), and the ride was better, softer (less crashy).

That said, the car was lower on the front - getting up a step that I can make on my car without scraping wind deflectors - did touch with the 16inch wheels.
Iv'e smashed both side of the wind deflectors, had to buy new inner archers!

M

·
0 Posts
What alloys do you have now then? I'm interested in getting some new alloys..
I have the 18 inch 3-hole alloys i bid for on a previous thread with someone selling them on here. Not had the chance to take any photos of them on the car yet but they are these ones:

http://www.50connect.co.uk/__data/assets/image/0018/167220/The-MiTo-is-expected-to-go-.jpg

I find that the ride on the 18's is perfectly acceptable but the car doesnt deal with pot holes as well as it did on the 16's which would be better for people who place a greater emphasis on ride quality then i do. For me though, the 18's provide enough comfort and look sublime with the black paint along with all the chrome around the door mirrors + window and light surrounds. I just look out for the pot holes alittle more:thumbs:

·
Registered
378 Posts
I have the 18 inch 3-hole alloys i bid for on a previous thread with someone selling them on here. Not had the chance to take any photos of them on the car yet but they are these ones:

http://www.50connect.co.uk/__data/assets/image/0018/167220/The-MiTo-is-expected-to-go-.jpg

I find that the ride on the 18's is perfectly acceptable but the car doesnt deal with pot holes as well as it did on the 16's which would be better for people who place a greater emphasis on ride quality then i do. For me though, the 18's provide enough comfort and look sublime with the black paint along with all the chrome around the door mirrors + window and light surrounds. I just look out for the pot holes alittle more:thumbs:
How much did u get them for? and how much tires?

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
If you're gonna upgrade them to 17" rims, you're gonna have to spend at least £500 so I would recommend getting the veloce if it's possible. As a new driver you may also regret not having blue&me, to talk on the phone and play music in the car..

M

·
0 Posts
How much did u get them for? and how much tires?
The amount people bid was undisclosed and the offer and acceptance was done via pm's - so i'm alittle reluctant to tell you exactly how much i paid for them. Tyres were included as part of the deal (sumo's) and i think i got something of a bargin - well below alfa's price from new and their after-sale price. They were cheaper than any alfa 18's currently listed on e-bay that i can see and those dont include tyres.

If you do manage to find a decent set of veloce wheels or 18's that you like, then i would highly recommend making a bid on them, they make the car look pretty much perfect.

Mongoose: he has a turismo, so hes looking at another £700 for a lusso and almost £2000 for a veloce, so might be cheaper to find a set of alloys on ebay and buy a hands-free kit:)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, to get the model above was going to bump the payments over the top, after all it's my first car, parents are paying so i'm not complaining!

I've got my heart set on those 18" sports 3 spoke type alloys, but will more than likely consider others if the price is right.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Before committing to a set of 18" wheels, just check the tyre pricing. I refurbed the 17" wheels on my 156 before putting new tyres on. For a bit more on the price of the refurbs I could have looked at new 18" wheels, but I found the tyres prices to be a lot higher for that size. May not be valid for Mito tyres sizes, depends on the popularity of the tyre I guess; the more common tyres sizes are cheaper. Worth a check. :thumbs:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Mark. One thing I have noticed on the pictures in the brochure is that the tyres on the 18" alloys appear to be ultra low profile, which will most probably be expensive to buy...I think i'll check out the 17's too.

M

·
0 Posts
The 18's are 215/40's and you can get a good set for around £90 per tyre. The 17's are 205/45's and cost about £80 per tyre from the same make. (atleast the standard alfa alloys are those sizes.)

·
Registered
497 Posts
My 17's (and those of the test car i drove) are 215/45

Alfa brochures are confused too - some ads say 205, some say 215

1 - 18 of 18 Posts