Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has a Mito on order (base model Turisimo in Alfa red), I'm thinking it needs a set of alloys. Are there any aftermarket wheels that will take the standard tyres?
Anyone fitted any?

Cheers

R

·
0 Posts
My wife has a Mito on order (base model Turisimo in Alfa red), I'm thinking it needs a set of alloys. Are there any aftermarket wheels that will take the standard tyres?
Anyone fitted any?

Cheers
Surely that will work out just as expensive as getting the proper Alfa alloys factory fitted as an extra ?? :confused:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I guess it ultimately depends on circumstances and choice. I personally really like aftermarkets and haven't had any bad experiences in the past though I can completely appreciate some people think it cheapens the car but ultimately it's what you, the driver, like I believe. I'm not convinced by the dealership cost factor though, we've had excellent branded alloys new out of the box on ebay 17" for up to £150 cheaper than the dealer before in the past with other cars.

There's one thing i'm confused about with the Mito though, I'm not sure how many studs are on the wheel, i've heard conflicting claims - some say 4, some say 5; one of them must be wrong!

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
I guess it ultimately depends on circumstances and choice. I personally really like aftermarkets and haven't had any bad experiences in the past though I can completely appreciate some people think it cheapens the car but ultimately it's what you, the driver, like I believe. I'm not convinced by the dealership cost factor though, we've had excellent branded alloys new out of the box on ebay 17" for up to £150 cheaper than the dealer before in the past with other cars.

There's one thing i'm confused about with the Mito though, I'm not sure how many studs are on the wheel, i've heard conflicting claims - some say 4, some say 5; one of them must be wrong!
It's 4.

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
It's definitely 4.

I would go for a set of original alloys. There are more options coming up too.
Otherwise go for proper aftermarket wheels... OZ. ;)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I managed to get a set of Mito alloys + tyres for £300 from someone who was fitting bigger wheels.
When I was looking I think you could get 4 alloys for less than £400. from a good maker, like Momo for example.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
I got my Tourismo with free alloys :) apparently there were a few brought over with alloys on and were free if ordered before end of July.

·
Registered
19 Posts
gunscrossed, that's exactly what i'm talking about haha, you can get great deals if you know where to look.

I have looked at some OZ alloys funnily enough and I thought I might like them; I think with this car I might like the same colour as the body, being black in this instance.

Oh well we'll see.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts