Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

It's time for my '59 reg to go in for a fourth year service (and MOT). I bought the car and had the 2 year service performed at Lipscombe Alfa, and paid £309.25 for the privilege.

Does anyone have any ideas how much I should expect this to set me back - the car has only done 23K, and apart from the brake balance (which is ever so slightly out) it's in perfect health...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In the end, after a lot of wrangling been Lipscombe and Croydon Motor Village, the price came down from £476 to £339 at Lipscombe; but was still beaten by the £279 offered at Croydon (plus it's two miles down the road, as opposed to 50, so add a tenner for petrol...). Both required four calls though to get a straight 'this is how much it will cost' answer, which is annoying.

Lipscombe managed to yo-yo from £476, to £279, back to £339 once I went to book with them; which is particularly frustrating.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Would be interested to know what you think of Motor Village as they're just down the road from me. Have used them for parts before but never actually taken the car in there for work
So, in the end the cost was £271.99 for service, MOT, wash and hoover. The service included sparks, oil change, all filters as well as the full checklist. All done within three hours, fully documented and a courtesy call as soon as it was all done. Very impressed with the service I got from the team there (much better in person than it was trying to get through to them on the phone, so I'd recommend just popping in if you live just down the road); and very happy with the price in the end.

All in all, good job from Motor Village Croydon!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.