Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today was the day where i got to try out the AG UDS courtesy of a friend. He popped over this morning and after washing the car with Megs GC Shampoo i had a blast with it. Its great stuff but the light scratches are still visible but you have to move your head around alot now to see them :). It does have a slight white dust when buffing but its no problem.
All in all it was a great morning as chris showed me some of his products and also hooked me up with a few bits n bobs and i gave him some of mine that he didnt have (god knows how looking at his bootfull) :D.
He showed me how to clay which was great as its better to see it in the flesh than read about how to do it!
I got to try my AG HD Wax for the 1st time and it was awesome although i cant really compare it as its the 1st proper wax ive used. I have to say though looking at my previous pics where ive Aquawaxed the car the shine is roughly the same which says alot for Aquawax given the price and ease of application compared to other stuff.
Heres some pics.....bare in mind i didnt do the wheels or windows as i was getting the evil eye after about 5 hours :D Too much talking :D
The finished result looked truly stunning and the wetlook was rocking but later in the sun there was a few bits that looked lsmudged where they need more buffing perhaps.
AFter Megs GC Shampoo

AG UDS 1st Coat

2nd Coat AG UDS On Bonnet

AG UDS Buffed Off Before AG HD Wax

After AG HD Wax

And what do you know, as i was just putting the HD Wax and cloth on the bonnet for the money shot it started raining!

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
looking sweet, i bet you like look at her :cool:

S

·
0 Posts
That looks spot on fella.

I think you'll find HD wax is more of a long lasting protection, if that makes sence?

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That looks spot on fella.

I think you'll find HD wax is more of a long lasting protection, if that makes sence?
Do you mean compared to AG Aquawax?
Im impressed by the fact that the tub is barely touched and im heavy handed lol. The lad who came round had bloody allsorts in his boot! Gave me some bilberry for my wheels and the AG UDS. I gave him some Megs GC Shampoo and AG Aquawax. He showed me how to clay aswell:) Nice to beable to talk in the flesh to someone with the same interest if you know what i mean:thumbs:

S

·
0 Posts
Do you mean compared to AG Aquawax?
Im impressed by the fact that the tub is barely touched and im heavy handed lol. The lad who came round had bloody allsorts in his boot! Gave me some bilberry for my wheels and the AG UDS. I gave him some Megs GC Shampoo and AG Aquawax. He showed me how to clay aswell:) Nice to beable to talk in the flesh to someone with the same interest if you know what i mean:thumbs:
Yeah that makes sence!!!

AG is great stuff and it will last ages and ages :D:D

·
Registered
187 Posts
Looks fabulous! I was in halfords yesterday as they have this 3 for 2 on cleaning products and started to stock up on kit ready for my MiTo, mits, shampoo, AG aqua wax and saw the HD, I baulked at the £38 though :wow:

As I'm getting black like you I'm sure I'll come around though :thumbs:

J.

·
Registered
341 Posts
:lol: Youve washed it again........lol

I did mine as well yesterday, washed and polished and i'm loving those microfibre cloths

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks fabulous! I was in halfords yesterday as they have this 3 for 2 on cleaning products and started to stock up on kit ready for my MiTo, mits, shampoo, AG aqua wax and saw the HD, I baulked at the £38 though :wow:

As I'm getting black like you I'm sure I'll come around though :thumbs:

J.
I got mine for £20 plus £6 insured fedex delivery. PM me if you want to know the details.

:lol: Youve washed it again........lol

I did mine as well yesterday, washed and polished and i'm loving those microfibre cloths
Im obsessed and i'll be single soon lol. I had to do the wheels and glass this morning as my lass was having a mini wobbler yesterday:tut: :lol:

Quickly pop outside with a duster and dust her off :D:D
Aint no duster getting that stuff off mate!:( I was gonna try and do the bonnet with Megs Quick Detailer Spray but ran out of time (got wrong) :eek:
Think i'll buy a chainsaw!:D

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ive been out looking at the car and it was minging with sap and dust. I decided i would give my Megs Quick Detailer a blast to see if i could remove it. Went out armed with it and an MF cloth and after lightly dusting the bonnet and wing i set to trying to remove it!
Sap On the car.

Heres a 50/50 of the dust Wiped off showing the sap

Heres some shots when i used the Megs QD

I was surprised it came off but it wasnt easy! Megs QD FTW! :D :D
Before i was finished the door the bonnet had some back on it :cry:
Its good to know that QD can be used when the car has a light dust or dirt on it without washing 1st.:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts