Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had to move to a bigger car (Giulietta QV) so unfortunately my MiTo is now for sale. I'll be very sad to see her go but I can only drive one car :depressed:

Looking near to £4500 for it.

It's a 2010 in Etna Black, 56350 miles. Has a Wizard cat back exhaust, been lowered 30mm on Eibach springs and has Bilstein B8 dampers front and rear, 17" matt black alloys and red painted calipers as well as heated front seats. Goodyear Eagle F1 AS2 on the front and Kumho KU39s on the rear, all with decent tread.

Has been remapped in Dynamic but unsure what sort of power it's putting out, dyno'd at 150hp but that was with a decat which has now been removed.

Has just been serviced and had disks and pads replaced, front and rear.

Has had the MultiAir unit replaced with the new upgraded version and the steering column replaced, new one has uprated parts.

Issues: Slight creak from front drivers side suspension, has been checked over by my local Alfa indie and they can't find anything wrong with it. Also some small areas of the clear coat have peeled off, stone chips on bonnet and front bumper.

09/02/2012 - 18282 - Service
03/01/2014 - 34632 - Service
16/06/2014 - 38130 - Cambelt & water pump replaced
28/07/2014 - 38500 - Steering column replaced
19/01/2015 - 44817 - Service
18/03/2015 - 46155 - MultiAir unit replaced
11/04/2016 - 56033 - Service, F&R Discs & Pads

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Car looks great! Quick question, did you source those black light surrounds or sprayed/plastidip them? Im looking to get mine resprayed and have been quoted £120 but he said he can do it on the car. I hare the silver light surrounds, makes the car look girly.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Car looks great! Quick question, did you source those black light surrounds or sprayed/plastidip them? Im looking to get mine resprayed and have been quoted £120 but he said he can do it on the car. I hare the silver light surrounds, makes the car look girly.
I plastidipped them on the car. Took a while but it's not particularly difficult. Makes a huge difference to the look I think.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not had much interest, someone offered me £2k for it last night. Am I asking for too much at £4500?

·
Registered
344 Posts
The mods will probably reduce your potential market a bit - they will appeal to some, but for others they're just a bit of a PITA when it comes to insurance (increased premiums, reduced choice of insurer, tedium of explaining mods to insurers). So I suspect you just need to be patient!

Price seems ok to me though. The £2k offer is taking the ****!

The advert could be rewritten to be a bit more positive in tone :). It's the kind of advert I'd write actually - a bit too matter of fact and perhaps excessively honest, not emphasising positives enough!

In terms of improving the advert - perhaps explain the benefits of the exhaust (e.g. sounds great, won't rust like the original mild steel). Benefit of the springs/dampers (e.g. wheels fill the arches better, handling/ride improvements).

With the remap - just say it was dyno'd at 150hp. Dunno that it's necessary to mention it was with the decat pipe unless you think it's made it much slower/less powerful (which you'd have noticed driving it) - bhp figures at dynos vary so much between dynos and based on atmospheric conditions on the day.

With the multair/steering column replacements - maybe spell out that there should be far less risk of failure in the future than mitos without the uprated parts.

If the suspension creak has been checked out and there's no problem (especially as it's slight), perhaps don't mention it on the advert. If it's spotted on a test drive you can explain then (if you've got paperwork tied to the work of it being checked out to back that up, fantastic).

Wouldn't mention the stone chips if they're typical for the mileage - many adverts never mention them (I know that from when I was mito shopping last year). With the clear coat peeling - if it's very minor and not that noticeable, then again consider not mentioning - anyone coming to look over the car can see for themselves (or if you get an enquiry from someone who'd be travelling a long distance to see the car, perhaps mention to them then a bit of extra detail about the cosmetic condition). I imagine they're the kind of small blemishes that as an owner you're hyper-aware of, but they don't really stand out much? It's a 6 year old 56k mile car, after all - looks in far better condition than any of the Mitos I looked at last year - so if it's in generally great condition for the age/mileage, then say so!

D

·
0 Posts
Be honest but also conservative with it, the problem with mods on a car is that it can take it away from the main stream buyers who are looking for an unmolested example maybe :thinking:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Not had much interest, someone offered me £2k for it last night. Am I asking for too much at £4500?
The price sounds fair (if it wasnt for the laquer peel), a tornado blu 120bhp or 135bhp with 60k recently went for £4250 on Ebay and none of the history of yours. I suspect it might be because it's black, modified, suspension creak. Although for me it would be the clearcoat peeling, this to me would suggest accident damage or paintwork has been done.

EDIT: Just saw the pic http://pictures2.autotrader.co.uk/imgser-uk/servlet/media?id=e5e716e0a8b3475cbc15f345617dc72b , I think most people would significantly chip you for that level of peel. I would take it a few friendly bodyshops and see what they suggest.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alfa-Rome...lady-owner-from-new-FSH-MOT-Dec-/282019861724

The turbos normally go for 4.5k and up, the non turbos between 4k and up for 2010/11 with approx 40k miles.

Oddly the etna black/red ones seem to go for about £500 less than the tornado blue ones but the prices are all over the place e.g.

Black/Red Mito 95bhp 2010/40k miles £3.8k-4k - Private
Blue MiTo 95bhp 2010/40k miles £4.5k - Private
Blue Mito 95bhp 2011/40k miles £5.5k - Trade
Blue Mito 135bhp 2010/40k miles £5k - Private

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I've rewritten the advert a bit, tried to make it a bit more positive. I had someone come to look at it and they were very keen but unfortunately the person that was buying their car dropped out so I'm back to no interest.

I'll take it to some local places and get some quotes on sorting the paint out, I'm sure it's putting people off. It's not particularly minor so it needs doing really, I've added some photos to show you, it's on both side of the car.

Insurance runs out on it next Friday, going to get expensive after that...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Yep, that needs to be done. It will only get worse :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
You posted in my thread seeking advice about buying a Mito. Unfortunately the mods would of made it impossible to insure, and your extremely honest mention of the suspension creak was slightly off putting :alien:

Looks like a nice example though!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts