Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a mito 120bhp petrol veloce on order and after reading a lot of threads on here i am wondering if i have bought the wrong model. spent £1000 extra to get the veloce spec but maybe i should have gone for lusso in 155bhp form. any comments?

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I bought the same as you. For me I think the 120hp was the right choice because I'm still a young driver and the insurance on the 155hp would be a lot more expensive than the 120. And the fact that the 155hp version is only slightly faster at accelerating, there's not much difference in everyday use.
So in the long run i would be paying a lot more to run the 155hp version because of fuel, tax and insurance costs.

If I was slightly older, say 25+, then i would have got the 155 break.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
depends what you want, i have the 95bhp versoin and as long as you drive like an italian it goes like stink and handles superbly.

but what sort of driving do you do?

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
i hav 95bhp and she loves to run and run and run...and is economical for town drivin too.....:cheese:

·
Registered
818 Posts
I have the 120 in Veloce trim and it's GREAT. It was a balance between performance and slightly better fuel economy for me. I have no regrets and am just enjoying that daily commute to work!

·
Registered
187 Posts
What a can of worms I have unearthed, for me the 120HP is a great compromise, practically as fast as the 155HP, nearly as economical as the 95HP and 4 insurance groups cheaper than the 155HP, I have it in Veloce trim like techwork and wholeheartedly recommend it as I did in this post 2 days ago (link below), it pulls like a train :)

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-mito/170348-d-n-a-2.html#post2678304

If you absolutely must have the overboost then yes you need to be looking at the top pertol and diesel models.

J.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks everyone great replies and i hope i enjoy it as much as you all do. got a 147 at mo and cant wait for mito to arrive

·
Registered
271 Posts
Well think about poor me - Ive gone for the diesel 120. At the mo I have a Kia Sportage petrol and I do a lot of mileage at work. Im putting in about £55 a week, so the diesel made sense. For a change I let my head rule my heart

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
120hp is only a second slower to 60 than the 155. Get it remapped to about 140 (because of turbo's limitations) and you will halve that gap at least i reckon, as well as making the delivery more linear.

I'd say go for the 120bhp Veloce.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
120hp is only a second slower to 60 than the 155. Get it remapped to about 140 (because of turbo's limitations) and you will halve that gap at least i reckon, as well as making the delivery more linear.

I'd say go for the 120bhp Veloce.
Do you know any places that do the remapping? or can you do it yourself?

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Do you know any places that do the remapping? or can you do it yourself?
Gus at alfa tuner (ALFA_TUNER on here) I think is working on mito maps ... also I think Adie at AHMotorsports for everything Alfa can also do them ...

... no you can't do it yourself ... ( unless you want to spend 15k on equipment :lol:)

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
I think i will get mine mapped eventually.

What i would like to know is, do you think it will be possible to map it so its more economical in N and then if you switch to D you get a big lump of power...

Thanks

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
I think i will get mine mapped eventually.

What i would like to know is, do you think it will be possible to map it so its more economical in N and then if you switch to D you get a big lump of power...

Thanks
a good map will give you both better MPG and performance (not sure how that would work with LPG though) ... you might be able to get a map that will be different between the 2 modes ... although tbh the best way to improve economy is via your right foot ...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts