Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys ,

About to do my first engine service on my Mito but this is the first time I have changed one of the paper insert type filters and not a metal screw on.
I have a chain , claw oil filter remover but don't want to damage the enclosure I guess is plastic. There are a few different socket sizes 28mm 32mm 36mm etc ...

Can anyone tell me what size the Mito 1.6JTDM socket size is as I don't have one and want to buy one for the weekend.

Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi Guys ,

About to do my first engine service on my Mito but this is the first time I have changed one of the paper insert type filters and not a metal screw on.
I have a chain , claw oil filter remover but don't want to damage the enclosure I guess is plastic. There are a few different socket sizes 28mm 32mm 36mm etc ...

Can anyone tell me what size the Mito 1.6JTDM socket size is as I don't have one and want to buy one for the weekend.

Thanks
I have completed the job. For anyone else interested.

13mm socket for Sump Plug , could be 12mm , I had to buy a new sump plug that was 13mm and washer because the original was corroded and rounded. I had to order an irwin rounded nut removal kit. That did the trick nicely though a metal file and an 11mm spanner may have done the job.

The Oil filter socket was 32mm , I bought a cheap set from ebay that included this size.

Hope this helps someone.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Guys ,

Thanks
on my 1.4 petrol the plastic oil filter cover requires a 27mm socket.

D

·
0 Posts
on my 1.4 petrol the plastic oil filter cover requires a 27mm socket.
Yes and who thought of a design where you have to remove heat shielding plus plastic housing to replace the filter cartridge, what a faff just to change the filter.....

·
Registered
9,339 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes and who thought of a design where you have to remove heat shielding plus plastic housing to replace the filter cartridge, what a faff just to change the filter.....
I didn't remove the heat shielding when I did mine? just put the socket on the end of an extension bar to undo and reached down the side of the air ducting to remove.

D

·
0 Posts
I didn't remove the heat shielding when I did mine? just put the socket on the end of an extension bar to undo and reached down the side of the air ducting to remove.
No such luck with mine, the heat shield is bolted just above the filter housing, can't actually see what the heatshield is actually achieving as the filter gets filled with hot oil anyway :confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts