Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone ! :)

I am very confused because i want to buy a Mito, i'm in love with this car :x , it is fantastic and beautiful and stylish, but i have a huge problem, i ' m not sure what is the real fuel consumption of this car Mito 1.4 TB Multi Air ( 135 HP ) .
Should i expect a hight fuel consumption?

Please help me ! :confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi Justine. My wife has had hers for nearly three years and has loved it. She says it takes around £56 to fill it and that does around 360-380 miles. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tnk u for your response Jonny, i am from Romania and i don t know what price is one litter there, does she know how many litters/ 100 km ? :) this will help me to know how much money i will spend for fuel, because here the fuel is very expensive.....:(

·
Registered
784 Posts
Mine is running 150bhp on a 135MA as youve mentioned and I currently get 33-35mpg normal driving with occasional boosting.

But if I do 60mph on a long motorway journy I will easily get 40mpg, maybe mid 40s if cruising like 55mph on the motorway.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mine is a completely standard 135 and I drive a mix of rural roads, motorway and road works to and from work. When I drive briskly I get around 38mpg, if I drive normally I get about 40mpg and when I drive carefully I've reached a max of 42.3mpg.

According to an app on my phone those work out as 7.43 l/100km, 7.06 l/100km and 6.67 l/100km respectively?

Bear in mind that whatever wheel/tyre combo you run will have an impact too. The 18" wheels and non-energy saving tyres reduce my mpg a bit.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
MrsJim averages mid-high 30s but she has a horrible 30 mile commute in jam infested M60 everyday, compounded by the fact she drives it in D everywhere like a hooligan! :thumbs::D I've seen her get 28-30 mpg out of a tank.

On a quieter, long motorway run I've seen low-mid 40s.

·
Registered
96 Posts
On a steady drive on mixed roads I can 44mpg, which according to an online converter is 6.4 l/100km. That's with 18" wheels, though with Mrs T aboard my right foot is less heavy.

Have to say we love ours - it offers a great mix of performance and economy. The Stop/Start took a bit of getting used to, but it's second nature now.

Triff

·
Registered
98 Posts
I average around 40-42mpg depending on how i drive. Sometimes down to 36mpg if i've been playing :D
Can get as high as 47mpg sitting at just under 70 on the M/way.
Did find that using super unleaded gave me an extra 2 or 3mpg. Tank would give me just over 400miles from a fill up.

·
Registered
784 Posts
You peops must drive real slow lol, how are you getting such good average mpg. Daily use mine never gets above 34mpg. Only decent when doing 60 on the motorway

·
Registered
193 Posts
Nearly 16000 mile on mine now.
Average is 40mpg

I seem to get better consumption driving on 40mph roads.
Can get over 50mpg on these types of roads.....
Never get anywhere near that on motorways (even if driving at around 60mph)

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
The MA fares best below 70mph, ours gets 35-38mpg in mixed driving. I must say though that the consumption decays between services, these engines really eat up their spark plugs.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
You peops must drive real slow lol, how are you getting such good average mpg. Daily use mine never gets above 34mpg. Only decent when doing 60 on the motorway
MrsJim averages mid-high 30s but she has a horrible 30 mile commute in jam infested M60 everyday, compounded by the fact she drives it in D everywhere like a hooligan! :thumbs::D I've seen her get 28-30 mpg out of a tank.On a quieter, long motorway run I've seen low-mid 40s.
MrsJim generally doesn't but she still has a passable average mpg overall.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Justine.

My Mito is not the Multiair version, it is the 1.4 Turbo Veloce. I would agree with all the others - I get similar MPG results as shown by the trip computer anyway. I have had up to 47 MPG, but you have to sit on the motorway at a very considered pace & work at it a bit. It seems to vary a lot with the weather temperature but in any case, the fuel gauge goes down extremely quickly & by a lot in my experience. I drive very sedately, but have been very unhappy with how quickly the gauge goes down. I don't know if it is because the car has a small (45 liter) tank, but I am forever putting petrol in the car.
I would not want to put you off buying this car, it is very beautiful looking, but there lies the problem. I bought mine in November & have regretted it ever since. It was supposed to be my dream car but I am afraid to say that this has not been the case. There are many issues in the quality & build of this car & in so many ways it is quite inferior to many other small hatch back cars. Do do your research & don't rush to get it. You would be far better to get a sporty Ford Fiesta - apart from the image of the Alfa, which is superficial anyway, the Fiesta is far more superior to the Mito. See if you could hire one for a week. Go & drive some other cars. I find the Mito uncomfortable, noisy due to poor sound insulation & very bumpy. You cannot get in to it on a frosty morning as the opening of the door relies upon the window dropping in order for it to clear the top of the roof channel - it is a pillar less window like the Mini. Mine literally freezes solid in the frost. Once I have managed to free it, I can't then close it without yet more fiddling around with deicer - it is a nightmare & can cause a long delay in leaving home in the morning. It is very prone to chips; make sure the one you are interested in has clear wheel arch protectors in front of the rear wheels as this is a particularly weak area for taking extreme chips. Do not buy a red Mito whatever you do - big paint problem with this colour. Make sure the steering & suspension are all sound - the car is not great at absorbing shock from the potholes in the road.
If I have put you off, I am sorry, but don't get one because you love the look of it, & you think you will be buying in to wonderful Italian heritage - expensive mistake. A Fiesta is utterly superior in every way.

·
Registered
784 Posts
well i did a super eco run going home from work and too work this morn so i got a good average to and from work.

Going home is down hill and saw an insane 50mpg on 30-40mph roads. then arrived at work this morn with averaging 40mpg. Great result.

Although i was trying really hard to drive steady, slow aceleration, really slow and when going up hill i just built up the revs slowely rather than just getting up to speed as i would usually.

So this is not real world average as i was trying but i recon mine could easily be 35-37 ish mpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pffff.....i just bought it yesterday :p i like very much the feel inside my mito, and yes, is red :)) i hope that it will never get me to the service only for oil and filters. As for the sound i like it, it 's a sporty car, and it have a lot of power that is fantastic. The suspensions, and the insulation is the same as my last car, Smart Forfour 1.1 , a little car, more uncomfortable in comparation to Mito, and the consumption was very high 12 % / 100 km urban and olso extra urban :(
I drove it yesterday a little and i think the consumption was a little hight, but the feel inside a Mito compensate the consumption.:cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you very much for all the information that you sent to me! :thumbs:
I will take some photos with my Mito and i will post here.:inlove:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts