Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a question about the gearbox for the Mito 1.4 TB 118kw. How much power can the gearbox last?
I own a Mito QV but Multiair can't stand up to a lot of power, so I want 1.4 TB and increase the power to 250-300hp.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I think the one you're referring to is more commonly known as 155 (as in hp) with the M32 gearbox - that's rated to 320nm, but I know there are quite a few in the Vauxhall tuning world with cars with the M32 putting more power through it (it's used in the VX220 Turbo and Astra H VXR, for example) including in the range you're talking about. I used to have a Lotus Europa S which also has the M32 gearbox and one of the guys who did upgrade packages for the Europa S and who also raced one seemed to say the gearbox seemed good for handling a fair bit more power too. The M32 gearbox is known for bearing issues though, suspected to be down to either poor shim setup from the factory and/or the gearbox tending to run hot and the OEM oil degrading (there is a revised end casing available which increases the size of one of the bearings and has cooling fins and an extra oil path I think). The QV's gearbox is the C635 which is rated to 350nm (no idea on how well it handles more). I noticed the other day that Mito register put up a short guide to the gearboxes last year (has more info that the previous reference I was using!):
https://www.mitoregister.com/fileadmin/MitoRegister/Docs/HowTo_Guides_Useful_Info/MiTo_Gearbox_Guide_v1.pdf

1 - 3 of 3 Posts