Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all, just joined the forum as i have just orderded my new Alfa Mito. Quick question 2 u guys in the know. Does the 1.4 Tb 120 Lusso come with or without the chrome light and mirror sorrounds? And should i fit a spoiler? Any help is much appreciated. Thanx.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Evening all, just joined the forum as i have just orderded my new Alfa Mito. Quick question 2 u guys in the know. Does the 1.4 Tb 120 Lusso come with or without the chrome light and mirror sorrounds? And should i fit a spoiler? Any help is much appreciated. Thanx.

The Lusso comes with chrome surrounds as standard, and yes the MiTo looks much better with a spoiler.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
The lusso comes with "lucid chrome" headlight surrounds, but the website doesn't seem to specify the side mirros.
As for the spoiler, do you want to fit the mito spoiler which comes on the veloce? and would you choose this as an extra option or fit it yourself after buying it?
Just for your information, the spoiler doesn't actually have any substantial use in terms of functionality of the car, it's just for looks. The purpose of spoilers is normally to reduce air turbulence and reduce lift, or if it is big enough (e.g. a rear wing) then it adds downforce. But the tiny spoiler on the mito doesn't do anything.
So if you like the look of it then get it, i personally don't see much difference as it is so small anyway.

·
Registered
187 Posts
You can specify chrome mirrors with the lusso, to match up with the standard light surrounds and the bit above the door, it is only a £50 option, near the bottom of the options list, I know I did it a few times :)

J.

·
Registered
818 Posts
The Lusso comes with Lucid Chrome headlight surrounds (polished/shiny) but with body-colour mirror surrounds. You can specify other finishes at a cost. I'd fit a spoiler as it's not a huge cost and it subtly enhances the sportiness of the car. It'd cost more to buy and fit as an accessory after delivery.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanx 4 that guys, as 4 the spoiler i know it is just for looks but think it just tidies up the bck of the car. Looking fwd 2 getting even more now. So the mirrors dnt have the chrome finish then? Are they body colour or just plastic? Dnt mean 2 be a pain but want 2 get it right. I saw a white 1 at the garage, it had lusso spec but blk mirror and light sorrounds! Confusing.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Body colour-mirrors are standard... black"opaque" mirrors are a cost option. Hehe I'm getting all of this from one of several Mito brochures collected over the weeks before ordering my Mito. Did you find it all tooo alluring in the showroom and buy it without wasting time on brochures??? ((Nothing wrong with that of course hehe!!!))

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The dealer didn't have any brochures in stock m8, i just forgot 2 check 2 be honest. What in the name of all that's Alfa is opaque? As lng as they are painted 2 match the paintwork and not just bare plastic ill be happy.ill go 4 the alloy pedals and spoiler then. I think u have nicked all the Mito brochures techwork!

·
Registered
818 Posts
Sad thing is..I saw "Dundee" and read you last post with a Scottish accent in my head - think I might be insane! Opaque is just a rather bizarre way of telling you that it's not see-through.....cos we usually expect wing-mirrors to be transparent!?!?! ((silly Alfa!!!))

Yes, definitely body-coloured wing-mirrors.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes u r insame techwork, and a fountain of knowledge. Well done that man. Good show. Best of British 2 u and all that. Ill let u all know when i get the car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts