Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
After a year without an Alfa (previously an 156 ts, which was great). I'm itching to replace the tedium, uninspiring predictability of volvo ownership and considering purchasing a used Mito 1.3 jtdm in april, however having not driven one (only driven the 95hp petrol) i'd appreciate it if any owners could say how it compares with the 1.4 95hp in terms of power, torque and if the mpg figures are as good as quoted. Does it meet your expectations or would I be better off looking at another model.

Thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've had the latest 85hp version since September, getting 62+ real world from it, see my signature (that's mainly rural/town commute, not all motorway) it's not the quickest, but fine for me, I love it

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for responses and the link, looks like the dpf diesel would be ok for me as i dont spend much time in the city....just hope i can find a suitable used one @ western alfa in a couple of months, not discounting the 1.6 either

·
Registered
570 Posts
Hi,
After a year without an Alfa (previously an 156 ts, which was great). I'm itching to replace the tedium, uninspiring predictability of volvo ownership and considering purchasing a used Mito 1.3 jtdm in april, however having not driven one (only driven the 95hp petrol) i'd appreciate it if any owners could say how it compares with the 1.4 95hp in terms of power, torque and if the mpg figures are as good as quoted. Does it meet your expectations or would I be better off looking at another model.

Thanks
I took an extended test drive in the 1.3JTDM and 1.4 95bhp petrol before deciding on the diesel. With the turbo it just felt so much more nippy. Nice cheap road tax too and the finance deals meant there was little difference in monthly payments between the two. The mpg wasn't the reason I went diesel, it was the way it drove. To me the petrol felt gutless. I would have loved the multi air petrol but it was too much more a month.

I've no regrets. It is a little noisy on cold start up but quietens down. Always get 40+mpg even short trips around town, 50 mpg on a run and 60+ driving carefully.

I get 68mpg on my 30 mile journey to work from cold if I take it really easy.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I went for it last week and ordered a mito in Alfa red. It was already in stock ready to go! Picking it up tommorow from western in edinburgh, Can't wait!

·
Registered
14 Posts
The 1.3 M-jet engine is a fantastic engine!! I did 11,000 problem free european miles in my 06 Grande Punto 1.3 90bhp.. It is such a smooth quiet powerful engine.

Good choice with the Red Mito!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Heres the pictures I've taken, I've done a few hundred miles already, I have to say I have been rather suprised by how much power is available for such a small unit and i think the engine suits the car quite well, i've noticed no loss of power compared to the 95hp although its only got 5 gears. It really holds the road well, with quick directional changes and decent grip but its a firm ride, ive found there to be more feeling in the steering than others have suggested, though not its not like an mx5 and it does sometimes remind me of the arcade. Its great that I can drive it rather enthusiastically and still return 55 mpg!

Western Alfa in Edinburgh have been great all the way and David been really helpful and patient throughout the purchase, hopefully aftersales service will be of the same standard!:thumbs:

Attachments

·
Registered
570 Posts
Looks great! The 5 speed box is a bit of a pain for motorway driving, it's not noisy but I do feel a 6th gear would really help economy at 80mph.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts