Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i was just wondering has anyone have or ordered a 1.3 JTDM Mito . I had a test drive in a fiat 500 1.3 oil burner and it was a bit on the slow side

B

·
0 Posts
I quite agree with the 500, although I've driven the 1.3 Corsa which has the same engine and was surprised to say the least, very revvy, pretty quick and super-frugal.

If it was me I'd pick the 1.3 JTDm over the 1.4 standard petrol if I was doing moderate mileage and wanted a low power model.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have ordered one but wasnt able to test drive one. It is right though its the same engine from the new corsa and a similar one to the one in the old shape corsa. I had a 1.3 diesel 70bhp corsa and test drove a 90bhp Corsa, which has the same engine as the mito. And i noticed a massive difference between the new corsa and the old.

Once iv got mine if no one else has reported on here then ill let u know what its like to drive...should be getting it this week/next week hopefully.

Hope this helps a little - maybe if you want to see how one performs, pop to your local Vauxhall garage and see if they have a 1.3 diesel corsa to test drive. Make sure its a 90bhp not a 75bhp ecoflex one though.

B

·
0 Posts
Ah, well spotted, I forgot to differentiate between the two powered models.

It would be interesting to read the write up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mito 1.3 JTDM Veloce

Gents, just seen your thread ref above, I have done 6000miles in my Veloce.....its no where as quick as my wife's 147 1.9 JTDM Collezione, but I bought it for its frugal qualities.I have no complaints and this being my 5th Alfa, I have the bug!

Regards.

Jerry:thumbs:

·
Registered
176 Posts
I've got the 1.3JTDm, I'm perfectly happy with it, I opted for that over any of the other mainly because i'm at uni which is about 25 miles away from where i live so doing that journey 4 days a week sometimes 5 would of cost alot which isn't practical for a student lol :D
but I never test drove the 1.3, only the 1.6 when i went enquiring about the diesel models but I don't see much difference between them really other than the price. The dealer said that aswell he recommended the 1.3 actually. It's still quite nippy, and you can notice the change in acceleration when in Dynamic mode aswell.

I'm still only averaging around 47mpg though which is dissapointing but i have only done about 3000 miles so...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Test drove the 90 BHP 1.3. Very good, even with 4 adults in on some steep hills in West Yorkshire. Ordered the new 95 BHP version as a result - due in 5 weeks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I can compare the 1.3 with the 1.6 diesel MiTos, as well as a 1.3 diesel Corsa.
The 1.3 Corsa is considerably more sluggish than the Mito, especially in D mode. The Corsa is a bit more frugal. I get around 65mpg out of my Corsa driving normally, and I managed 59mpg out of the courtesy 1.3 MiTo driving in a similar manner. All indicated of course.
My 1.6 Mito is VASTLY more powerful than either of the other cars, especially on the motorway.
The Corsa is agonising getting up to 70 on a gentle incline. The 1. 3MiTo was a fair bit quicker but still a bit frustrating. The 1.6 though can have you pinned into your seat. Almost.
I never tested the 1.3 MiTo before getting the 1.6, and must admit, I was impressed, but was SO glad to get my baby back. It can be quite economical, but it's hard to be when it pulls so well!

U

·
0 Posts
I've got the 1.3JTDm, I'm perfectly happy with it, I opted for that over any of the other mainly because i'm at uni which is about 25 miles away from where i live so doing that journey 4 days a week sometimes 5 would of cost alot which isn't practical for a student lol :D
but I never test drove the 1.3, only the 1.6 when i went enquiring about the diesel models but I don't see much difference between them really other than the price. The dealer said that aswell he recommended the 1.3 actually. It's still quite nippy, and you can notice the change in acceleration when in Dynamic mode aswell.

I'm still only averaging around 47mpg though which is dissapointing but i have only done about 3000 miles so...
........." would of cost alot which isn't practical for a student lol"

A student at University should know it is "WOULD HAVE" not "would of" :tut:

At least you chose a great car :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well I have to say ain't quick off the mark but 40 to 80 is very good. I love mine, 55mpg £35 tax, it's awesome for my mindless miles and if you really ain't happy with the power map check out
NOVITEC ONLINE SHOP 2007.

Is the engine not also used in fords??

·
Registered
18 Posts
Have been very happy with the 2010 1.3 95 which I've had a few weeks. It's replaced a 1.3 Corsa 75bhp and feels much faster with much more pull at low revs (see the link below which explains why this might seem the case). I'm told the ECU is programmed to limit power until after 1200km, so will be interested to see whether I notice the difference.

Automotive news Blog Archive Alfa Romeo added 95 horses for a diesel

1 - 11 of 11 Posts