Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed on a couple of occasions now that my IM's have vanished ( basically they dont

appear in the sent IM's section, or get to destination )... not sure if anyone else has had

this happen to them ?

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
I haven't heard of this happening to be honest.
I have lost a couple over the years but that happened when the sever went offline, I am not aware of the server dropping out of late.
Please keep your eye on it and let us know if it happens again!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its strange ... it first happened a few weeks back ... and happened today and yesterday also ...

Yesterdays was a puzzle ... as the reciepient replied to the IM .. but the IM didnt appear in my sent items :confused:

Todays missing IM ... has just vanished from my sent items and have had no reply at all so this is well and truely missing ... :lol:

·
Registered
12,745 Posts
I didn't know there was a record of IM's.......another "tool" on here that I was ignorant too........proceeding to FAQ's to find it........:thumbs:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup .. go to quick links and instant message inbox ... there you have then option to view sent or received .. ;)

·
Registered
12,745 Posts
Yup .. go to quick links and instant message inbox ... there you have then option to view sent or received .. ;)
Thanks Joe.....a couple of times I've sent IM's and wondered if they had been received.......I think I need to press ALL boxes to see what else I have been missing........:eek:

Is there one for sending a bunch of flowers.......:thumbs:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Joe.....a couple of times I've sent IM's and wondered if they had been received.......I think I need to press ALL boxes to see what else I have been missing........:eek:

Is there one for sending a bunch of flowers.......:thumbs:

Your welcome .... :thumbs:

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
It's the same with my PM's (don't have IM capability)
But tbh is a lot better as only being able to store 5 messages
was a pain because it used to save sent messages which counted towards the 5 :(

Is this a new feature or have I dropped lucky :confused:

·
Administrator
2,340 Posts
Hi there, yea I'm not sure either why it would be missing :(. Maybe just make sure the "Save a copy of this message in your Sent Items folder" box is checked under Additional Options before you send your message. It happens to me sometimes when it gets unmarked somehow and my sent messages aren't kept lol.

I just realized you were asking about Instant Messages. Sorry :(

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
Also- make sure you are not Reporting rather than sending a message if using the icons at the top right of a user's posts.

Any received messages and sent messages gets purged from the system @500hrs. Any unread messages remain though. This is my understanding from observation.

·
Administrator
87,039 Posts
Does that happen :confused: - :eek: At least I wasn't MOD bashing :eek: :EVIL: -

* :p :D *

I've had an odd IM go missing ( not appearing in the sent list ) but not for a while now.

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
I've had an odd IM go missing ( not appearing in the sent list ) but not for a while now.

I'd say that might be user end - presing close instead of send?

Other times- internet connection user end...

... then sometimes AO server handshaking the client on the sent thing, but actually dropping it. I've not seen messages disappear from the In/Out folders unless auto purge on the read ones or if I delete them.

·
Administrator
87,039 Posts
Option 1 : Guilty :eek:

Option 2 : Broadband Provider Guilty :tut:

Option 3 : No idea.

Other :rolleyes: <--It's a requirement :evil:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Also AO is running slow for me ... not just at home but yesterday at work also, is this connected ? ... :confused:

Again this am ... replied to some IM's and again after pressing send ... nothing appears in the sent items .. but then I refresh the page and the IM I have just replied to appears again - therefore I have to re type ... very strange ...

My Internet is working fine with anything else I use .. just seems to be AO for me ... :)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got a problem of missing M's again .... :rolleyes:

When I reply to an IM.. they appear to send, but not in the 'sent items' box ... then when I refresh the page or go to a different page they appear again, so I have to reply again ... :(

Also ... when they eventually do send and when I get a reply ... the bottom section where we type is already filled in with my previous reply ... :confused:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts