Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1.4 ts has recently developed this problem but seems to be getting worse, basically until she's at 90' temp she coughs splutters farts backfires etc where she's almost undriveable ( kangaroos etc no power) then when at temp no probs

I first that lambda but then realized lambda dosnt control flow until at temp anyway, if it was MAF wouldn't it do this all the time?
Ideas?

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
You might have a faulty coolant temp sensor. If your car has the CF2 engine (plastic engine cover instead of alloy) then a new sensor is pretty cheap (~£20) so it might be worth replacing it.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
It's mounted in the top of the thermotat. The thermostat is bolted to the right-hand side of the engine head (looking into the engine bay from the front). Have a look at the second picture in this post (you will need register on Alfa145.com to see that post).

A new temp sensor can be got from your local motor factors or somewhere like Shop4Parts.

·
Registered
27 Posts
hi just for interest sake ,i had the same thing with my 146 ts
to find out if it is the maf un plug the lead to it and take it for a spin round the block (it wont idle for squat) but if it doesnt cough splutter fart and backfire ect with it unplugged then its the maf
although gialloevo is a alfa god !!!!!!
this is how i found out it was the maf on mine
i also had a good tip about where to get one from could have been from gialloevo ?
dont now if it helps but it is worth a try

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
Aye! MAF is an easy one to test and they do give up from time to time..

Ralf S.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts