Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with my 54 plate 156 Jtdm (Mapped by Angel)

Occasionally on a partial throttle the engine holds back / misfires.

If you boot it there is no problem.

It seems to happen at any engine temprature except cold and it happens about once a day.

Possible MAF problem ?

All help greatfully received

·
Registered
246 Posts
Unlikely to be MAF as I explained. You need to have a diagnostic performed as we suggested otherwise its impossible to tell from a description on a forum or over the phone especially as its only recently started to happen.

If you are travelling about, we have a technician in Brizzle on Thursday with more diag kit than Alfa have and we could hook up with you - at least it will be free :)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Nigel. I will give you a call when I am out and about can't do this week need to earn some pennies.

If I can't do anything short term I will nip it into Auto Italiana in Exeter when I am passing. (The company pays anyway)

But thanks for the offer of a free diag Nigel.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Problem found . It was a faulty throttle pot.

When it was tested the pot did not always produce a value.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh dear.

The problem although slightly different has come back.

The car now idles slightly rough when the engine is not up to full temprature once warm all is OK.(Starts and idles OK when stone cold)

Also when it is only warm when you lift partially of the throttle it occassionally holds back.

There are no lights coming on the dash and no fault codes in the memory

Any help gratefully received.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Shame you didnt call us - we wer ein Exter yesterday and today! Its no use asking on a forum as you will only get opinion, you need to get a diagnsotic done

1 - 8 of 8 Posts