Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right i ran the car for a week now... only symptoms while driving is a little misfire at low revs even when idling that clears and goes away almost immediately when throttle applied. happened 3 or 4 during the week for a few seconds at most.. no issue when throttle applied etc.. from this i would diagnose three failed lambdas .. seems a lot to lose at once though recently swapped intake pipe due to splits and had exhaust welded due to a large split..

anyone offer advice .. before this was thinking maybe MAF .. now thinking Lambdas .. guessing bosch parts only too
20200322_111458.jpg
20200322_112623.jpg

·
Registered
321 Posts
Because the rear bank spark plugs are such a pain to replace sometimes they don't get replaced at the same time as the front plugs.... just saying.
If you use the graph function of MES it shows clearly if the lambda sensor is any good. Should be a square wave.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Clear all the errors and take for a drive, I suspect that the misfire on cylinders 4,5,6 will return, not much else will.
Misfiring cylinders can cause errors with Lambda sensors and Catalyser errors, so get them fixed first.

Also cylinders 4,5 & 6 are the FRONT bank, not the rear, so easy to remove the coils and check them for cracks and to check the plugs.

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did new plugs and coil packs a few years ago and have covered less than 7k since.. but will try those .. as i say had a split inlet and split exhaust.. cleared and run a few times .. always list lambda faults wil try again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts