Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I traded my old Fiat to Alfa 155. By the way it was at local wolksvagen dealer. Some questions have rised to my mind. Nothing important but if you can answer please do.

My car has statdard steel rims with it. Anyway alloy wheels would look better. Since my car is in orginal condition, having not any modifications, and I'd like to keep it that way, what are the orginal 15" alloy wheel designs. Is there pictures somewhere.

When I browsed ovners manual through, I noticed that Q4 version has smaller trunk space than others, why is that. What they have put there.

......Guess what is valid price for this kind of preovned car here in Finland (2.0 TS Super, year 1996, 100 000 km). I surely liked to by my cars from somewere else, but for some reasons that would not be wery clever thing to do.[*]null

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Heikki,

Look at the picture below this is no. 175 on the register, standard 15 inch wheels.

As for the Q4 having a smaller boot I presume this is because of the it's 4 wheel drive and the dif at the rear takes up some of the space normally ocupied by the boot.

G.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
As for a price... well... probably about £3000 - £3500 (GBP) for a good one.

Those alloys are the ones i have too, they're nice wheels for being standard :O)

I hope you truly enjoy your new car

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi Heikki
Welcome to Alfa 155 world.
The pictured wheels look more like the ones optional on the 156. Your (and mine) model year the alu coloured alu-wheels had circular holes and different centres. The '95-'97 155 "S" had std. black/dark grey Speedlines with 5 stokes 15" or as a popular option 16", shooed with either 205/50-15 or 205/45-16 tyres.
It's correct that the rear diff. meant that the boot floor was raised a little.

Alfisti regards
Erik

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your ansvers. This explanation that differential is takeing space from Q4 trunk sounds wery obvious. Surely that is the reason. I really thought something more fancy like accumulator or some cooler would be placed there like some raceing cars.

About those rims should they look like these. They have 13 holes, if you count them.

Thanks for you Tapio, letting me borrow a picture of your car, without your premission.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
For the UK i've only seen the first pictured wheels (the smoother ones)on the widearch model. I've seem the one's that elp's talking about on the pre facelift model.

I dunno if it's a UK thing or just part of the facelift.

Ideas?? :confused:

The wheels pictured run 205/50 15" (same as the black 5 spoke design)
God those black 5 spokes are luvverly, :D :D

Oh yeah and congratulations on buying a 155 :)

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Glad to see that it's not just me,that should be getting on with work but isn't.

The wheels of Tapio's car appears to be the wheels that were fitted to the 2.0 Super model.

Jason I would have to agree those 5 spoke speedlines are very tasty - a friend has a 155 2.0 sportpack. Speaking to the local alfa dealer they are available in black, grey and even white but I haven't seen any in white in the UK (might be a nice contrast with the red).

G

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Yes It seems that those 13 hole wheels are the right ones for my car since it is a super. On other hand white 5 sopke speedlines would certainly look good with my red car.

By the way I'm in impression that here in Finland we had only two choices of widebodyes, super and sport. Super didn't have here alloy wheels as a standard.

Yes I really would have some serious work to do, but for some reason Alfa intersts me more now. Also I heard from my sister, this week, that her employer has ordered a white 156 1.8TS for her comppany car.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Yes nice choice of company car, Hope she gets the red Momo leather with it as it looks stunning with it.

In the uk as far as I knew you couldn't buy a wide body 155 without alloys.

Another freind has a uk spec 97 155 2.0 Super that came with the wheels like Tapio also came with air conditioning and sunroof which apperently is unusual to have both. Also had the wood pack fitted.

G.

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
I doubt she will get leather interior, even Alfa was against their commpany policy.

I don't have air conditioning or sunroof with my car. That wood pack I have. Specially I like that wooden three spoke steering wheel, which don't have airbag in it. Windows of my car are a bit green blueish, don't know has it been standard feature with super, most probably yes.

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
Yes my friends also has the blue tinted glass but his steering wheel comes with an air bag.

As for alloy wheels the standard uk super wheels are nice but the polished rim tends to corrode quite quickly.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I have a 2.0 TS 16V Widebody, i haven't seen any up in scotland that isn't a 2.0 16v Super (mine's no super - not that you see many anyway)

Mine's got the sunroof, funky as hell steering wheel (airbag - damn it's a comfy wheel) quickrack etc. enough electric buttons and switches for the empire state building. :D

G Baker - I gotta get me some of those 5 spokes. I think black looks very funky indeed, i've got the burgandy red colour, with newly fitted boot spoiler (sportspack style) :D

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
Jason, try and find some slightly rough speedlines and get them resprayed black with a gold pearl. Those would look fantastic on a burgundy 155.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Hi Heikki,

Happy new 155, I hope you enjoy it!

As for the Q4, another reason for the reduced boot space is the design of the suspension (it's completely different to standard) and the different type and location of the fuel tank.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Rob... hmmm food for thought.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
*munch* *munch*

:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts