Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...strikes again!

What's with the rear control arms on the 147? As soon as the bush wear a little bit, and it gets cold, the arm just pops off at the hub end and rattles around! Never seen that before on any other car, and I've had many. I've had to bodge it for now with homemade "lock" washers to keep it in place on the bush. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Do you mean the transvers arms that go from the centre of the car out towards the hub..?
If so then there should be big washers on either end of the long bolt to keep the arms in place even if the bush fails completely, sounds like yours are missing so has nothing to do with Alfas design but all to do with the monkey who fitted replacement arms incorrectly.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Never had a problem with any of mine on either the GTA or the jtd :p. How many miles have yours done? And jon is right...

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
The bush that usually fails is the one on the rearmost arm in the centre of the car, I've done a few sets and I think it has always because this one has failed.
If the washers have been left off then I would check that all the other spacers and washers are fitted correctly as without them the arms wont be aligned properly so could be why yours have failed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts