Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I haven't been able to find a decent GTV6 down here, I've decided to give myself Minilite reps for working so hard this year. The attached pic shows what they look like and I hope that the car is going to look like this Mikes '74 GTV 2000 ~GoldCloverLeaf~ - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums at the end of it all. Car's at primer stage now at the body shop . I'm so freakin' excited:D that I have to keep myself from :vomit:ing on my desk! I cannot concentrate on work at all right now!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,805 Posts
I love the silver :thumbs:. Seen a few on gumtree with black rims and they do not look that great

·
Regional Representative, For South Africa - AO-SA
5,467 Posts
Silver for me too..... I like the black, silver is just nicer

P

·
0 Posts
El, as fellow economist, take my advice as FA Hayek should have taken JM Keynes' advice... :cheese:

Take the silver :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought silver would be the better choice (sorry, Nicus!). Just FYI - these are being sold by G and A promotions at R3950 ex vat which is not bad at all. Next it's some proper springs when the exchange rate allows and similar seats to the Alfaholics GTA replica.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Silver for sure, car is looking great, I will be overjoyed when u get rid of the naff rims, yay!!!!!!!!! she is gonna treat u good from now on, the old alfas always rewards your treating them.
Someone once told me, old italian cars are like italian women, if u treat them badly or dont spend money on them , they WILL embarrass u in public.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Oi, Frost. I just might buy your 75 and put the naff rims on! And a big boot wing. And silver plastic fender vents. Going to G and A tomorrow afternoon to see about offset.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Oi, Frost. I just might buy your 75 and put the naff rims on! And a big boot wing. And silver plastic fender vents. Going to G and A tomorrow afternoon to see about offset.
nOOOOOOO!!, that will be like cryptonight for superman.
PS There is a guy up here that imports original minilight blanks that he then has custom drilled to your spec, I know that alot of tropheo guys use his wheels as the junior rear fenders are a tight fit with the semi's, his name is Linton, he advertises in classic car Africa, they will fit your car guaranteed, they are a bit price, but they are real super light and strong race wheels

K

·
0 Posts
Minilite also have a five star rim , personally i think these are suited to british cars .

J

·
0 Posts
Have to agree with krasch, do not really like minilites on Alfas. The best are the GTA rep rims, but they are expensive. That 5 star rim may look okay.
But, as long as I cannot afford the GTA replicas, the std rims, nicely painted and polished still look great, especially with 185/70 tyres and discreetly lowered springs.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
True. My number one choice is a set of GTA rims, but R10k just for rims is a bit too rich for my blood. I used to think minilites were suited to British cars only, but they've grown on me. Also thought of widened steelies as an option and 15' saab, citroen or peugeot rims which have a 25mm offset rather than the +-38 of the standard rims.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Just becuase everyone said silver ek gan se pik swart!

Imagine how it will look with the black!!!

ONCE YOU GO BLACK YOU NEVER GO BACK

1 - 20 of 24 Posts