Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
I suppose the 'metal' ones corrode so the 'clever'chaps made them out of fancy plasticks easier to produce and they do not rust but they always tend to fail after 100k? Thats new technology car should only last for 5 years then you must get a new one , now is that 'saving the planet' ?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Ja that saving the planet [email protected] was always a bit light in the logic stakes.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Manufacturers have been recalling cars for decades! The issue with the Italians are, they HOPE...I repeat, HOPE that if there were an instance of malfunction due to a improperly built part, it will be one instance only.

I.e - Lancia's in the 80's and 90's. RUST BUCKETS and then the unforgettable recall to treat everyone's Lancia with rust protection...too late, it totally killed its reputation!

Ferrari's 458 Italia...when the 1st one started burning from teh back, they llaunched an inquest but in the meanwhile they left the cars out there while they were trying to figure out the issue, now when we talk 458...we have to mention burning cabins too!

Alfa Romeo - did they EVER recall cars by the thousands??? ONLY AFTER majour issues and countless dealership bills that customers refuse to pay!

The damage has been done, people think strangely in this world. One would assume that Mini's image would suffer as per Italian cars' image but you'd be horribly mistaken. The sheep will just see this as Mini carring so much that they identified a problem and let everyone know about it and will fix it for free...and then the hippy customers will smile all the way to and fro the dealership and STILL buy another Mini!

·
Registered
596 Posts
All cars have problems...and those without has the problem of no soul.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Strangely, VW doesn't do that many recalls either. Some of the later cars suffer from well-documented serious door lock issues where the door will not open from the inside or outside! I'm taking my car in tomorrow to have it fixed under warranty, but I guess the manufacturer will only consider doing formal recalls or campaigns when there is death or near-death involved.
With the Alfa I feel more attached to it because of its imperfections, but it really is hard to muster up any emotions besides irritation for my German steed when a fault pops up.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
VW's car suffer moertoe

G5 GTi - camfollower wear, needs to be changed every 5000kms on moded cars
cambelt premature failure...proven!
PCV failure...proven
DSG box software scramble...proven
Unexplained suspension knocks...proven
rear light's fog up after rain...with NO explanation!
VW diesel turbo's blew like a Las Vagas *****

G6 GTi
2009models suffered from premature chain failure...yes..the chain failed!

VW hides or fixes this by calling owners and teling them to bring cars in
G6 GTi's go for regular software updates for no reason.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
VW's car suffer moertoe

G5 GTi - camfollower wear, needs to be changed every 5000kms on moded cars
cambelt premature failure...proven!
PCV failure...proven
DSG box software scramble...proven
Unexplained suspension knocks...proven
rear light's fog up after rain...with NO explanation!
VW diesel turbo's blew like a Las Vagas *****

G6 GTi
2009models suffered from premature chain failure...yes..the chain failed!

VW hides or fixes this by calling owners and teling them to bring cars in
G6 GTi's go for regular software updates for no reason.
Sorry for hijack, but DSG box software scramble? What does this mean?

·
Vendor
45,818 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts