Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the years I've learned to steer clear of mini-bars in hotels because I refuse to get taken for a sucker. I think I've found a record. I just felt like a Mars bar and a small one which is usually about 50c is $9.00 (around 6 pounds). :confused: The funny thing is for $3.00 more I can have a pretty fancy buffet breakfast where I can consume $200 worth of food if I want to.

It would be cheaper for me to call a taxi to deliver me a Mars bar. :lol:

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
The last hotel I stayed in which had a mini-bar used electronic sensing to detect if any of the contents of the mini-bar were disturbed. You touched - you got billed automatically. Taking a bottle out of the mini-bar to read the label was a definite no no, as I discovered at checking out time :lol:

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
Ack! Mini-bars are the work of the devil. All promise, disappointment and overcharging. Like many hotels, actually:lol:

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well they have proven the old saying 'necessity is the mother of invention'. Somebody has used science and technology to provide the smallest Toblerone I have ever seen. It makes the Mars bar next to it look like a shipping container in comparison.

If only they could use their powers of evil for good. :)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I never go near mini bars but I was staying at a hotel in Greenford a couple of years ago and ventured to the bar for a pint. It was £4.50 for a pint of Stella.

There was a service station next door that sold me 4 pint cans of Stella for £3.99.

Guess what I did the following evening?

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
All promise, disappointment and overcharging.
Reminds me of something else you can order in a hotel.... :p

If you have a kettle in your room you can soak the little plastic whisk(e)y bottles in boiling water and get the lids off without breaking the seal.

Then refill with cold tea and put the lid back on.

Use tap water for gin & tonic.

Job's a good'un. :thumbs:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts