Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night every car parked in the street was keyed some quite badly including my brothers car.:mad: This seems to be happening a lot these days, I wish we could catch those responsible in the act. Reckon this lot of damage would cost the insurance well over £10k, makes me sick.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sad stuff.

Maybe once they're caught, a police officer should key the offender's forehead.

Tangible reminder not to do it again.

·
Vendor
46,115 Posts
Thats really bad - perhaps you could form a Neighbourhood watch organisation and take shifts at watching the street - sounds a bit extreme but what else can you do? Unless you can put your car in a garage you pretty much have zero chance of stopping it or catching the offender.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeh there's no chance of catching the offerenders, the only possible thing we can do it fit some kind of CCTV to our houses, more expense :(

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
It's stuff like this that makes me feel better about driving a teenage Toyota. We've even had old, not particularly flash cars vandalsied outside the house. It's a reminder to sort out some stuff in the garage so I can get a car in there again if needed.

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
we got a gang of about 15 youths in the area who are using spark plugs to smash car windows...for fun.....the police know who they are but cant do anything unless they are caught red haned, my friends taxi got done last wek, he has hi tec cctv and because they didnt get the kids face they cant do anything.......i just hoope they dont come round here, its times like this im glad i work away from home a few nights a week

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Problem is almost half of the cars done were not flashy at all, it's simple mindless vandalism.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts