Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the most you have got from a tank of fuel in your 159? I feel pretty chuffed, the fuel consumption on my 159 has been so much better since I had a new ECU in the summer, but I never expected to get the improved consumption on a good run that I got over new year. Driving on open two lane roads in France, I stayed at a steady 60 - 65, occasional 70mph, I was just enjoying the drive. But the car was loaded, two up, plus luggage and a generous load of wine (had to be done) I managed to get 665 miles out of one tank of diesel (Total regular + Millers), that worked out at 48 mpg.

·
Registered
Maserati Quattroporte
1,764 Posts
I've had 650 (normally 550 - 580), that was in France too.

Oh and mine's the 2.4 Brera :)

I got 350 (normally 260 - 280), once out of my old 3.2 Brera

·
Registered
410 Posts
Can't match you diesel boys,of course,and my 2.2 can be thirsty in city traffic but driving down to Italy last year,I achieved a respectable 35.7 mpg fully loaded-so notionally about 548 miles on a tank.I can regularly drive over 400 miles without stopping for fuel,thanks to the 70 litre capacity.Swiss and Dutch speed limits/roadworks helped to reduce consumption,with a lot of 80kph sections but unlike UK,you seem to keep moving.
Average over 49500 miles is 30.8,which equates to 474 miles to run dry.

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
over 700 in mine in august - lincolnshire and back, with a couple of manchester commutes beforehand and a bit of pootling around in lincs for a few days

regularly get over 600 to a tank - in fact it's very rare not to. maybe it's the alfatune remap and lack of dpf :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
A full tank is around £93 for me.

I put in £40 last week, empty.

Got 340 out of it :eek: Not bad. Just had the dpf removed/remap tho. That may of helped

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
most i have had is around 700miles, that was a steady run to the east coast and back from north wales, an a couple of trips to manchester airport and back...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Open question:
How much fuel are you managing to squeeze into a tank? Most I've ever managed is 66 litres before getting scared of running dry!

Tank distance...

Best = 620

Average = 550 (over 22k miles)

·
Registered
963 Posts
I'm a regular 600+ miles. I'm driving down from Ipswich to Bath and back tomorrow, and then Ipswich to Brighton and back at the weekend, with a little town driving in between. Should go over the 700 for that lot.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I've had 650 (normally 550 - 580), that was in France too.

Oh and mine's the 2.4 Brera :)

I got 350 (normally 260 - 280), once out of my old 3.2 Brera
I normally get 280 ish out of my tank, occasionally 300 if i wait till the red light comes on!

·
Registered
187 Posts
355 miles out of my 2.2 Brera (65 litres)

My best mpg on a tank so far has been 27mpg and my average is 24mpg over the last 6.5k miles.

Last year there was some major roadworks and the diversions meant far more traffic using our roads. the trip computer was regularly showing single figures in both average speed and fuel consumption for my 15 mile commute - 10 of them on the M61/M60 :wow:

Still, if you are going to be stuck in a traffic jam I can't think of a better car to be stuck in :lol:

·
Registered
256 Posts
I usually get about 520 miles from a tank, sometimes a touch more. Most ever was nearly 650 miles after a long bout of motorway driving.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Normally I get around 650-660 with the most I've pushed it to being 700.

Almost all motorway but the Motorway in question is the M25. Doing Gatwick - Luton and back 4 days a week at present and just outside rush hour so apart from J10-12 Clockwise and J14-10 Anticlockwise normally moving between 50 and 70 ish.

Approx 10mpg on my old Renault Megane 1.9DTi but much nicer way of sitting on the M25 and worth the difference.

Standard 1.9JTDm with 35K.

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Some amazing results here! I thought my 665 was remarkable (still could be considering the load I was carrying) but over 700 is around 50 mpg! Its good to have a thread with good news associated with 159 fuel consumption.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I got 732 miles from a 1.9JTD driven "steadily" from Yorkshire to South Wales and back. In the end I bottled and went to the filling station so I don't know how much further I could've got. Not far I suspect!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I get about 520 miles from mine - 1.9JTD. Economy has been around 38mpg for my commute, 45mpg on a run at 70mph. Was disappointed with it, expected more. Have been told I need a new EGR valve so expecting improvements when it's fixed!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts