Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And to think Alfa got as close as printing the brochures in the Milano name!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Then decided to ressurect names from the past, names from important models, but didn't fallow the other brands doing remakes.
Perfect, imo.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
It was just because after closing the Arese plant there's (almost) nothing connecting Alfa and Milan. People were very pi**ed off and they had to change the name. Now guess where it would be better screwed together? In northern or southern Italy?

·
Registered
34,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So,if the MiTo was named after the trip from Milan to Torino, then the Giulietta should have been simply "To" then.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
That would make the Giulietta ToCa then. Designed in Turin built in Cassino :thumbs:
Glad that didn't happen!

I hope they don't call the 159 replacement the Giulia, it's too similar to Giulietta, and I'll just spend hours correcting my non Alfa mad mates.

·
Registered
9,490 Posts
I shouldn't worry about that....just been talking to an Alfa dealer and he thinks the 159 reoplacement won't be happening any time soon.......:rolleyes:

·
Registered
34,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MITO- Designed in Milan, built in Turin. Nothing to do with the trip.
Mito is the name of the road between Milan and Turin and translates as Myth, but most of all represents the move of Alfa from its birthplace?

·
Administrator
87,073 Posts
I shouldn't worry about that....just been talking to an Alfa dealer and he thinks the 159 reoplacement won't be happening any time soon.......:rolleyes:

At this stage that's what everyone thinks, currently pencilled in for production in 2012 2014.

·
Registered
640 Posts
And to think Alfa got as close as printing the brochures in the Milano name!
They did print some, actually. And the official pictures were delayed by a few days because they needed to airbrush out the Milano logo from the plates and put the Giulietta one in. That's how close they got.

Also, be glad you didn't get to see the Milano logo. It was an unreadable mess. Here's my little ASCII rendition of it:

Code:
[b].\ | | |_ .\ .\ ( )[/b]
I kid you not. Milano was spelled out with a slew of dots, slashes, and parentheses. Actually, if you look closely at the Giulietta brochure, you can see that it's full of graphic elements from the Milano logo.

·
Registered
34,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They did print some, actually. And the official pictures were delayed by a few days because they needed to airbrush out the Milano logo from the plates and put the Giulietta one in. That's how close they got.

Also, be glad you didn't get to see the Milano logo. It was an unreadable mess. Here's my little ASCII rendition of it:

Code:
[b].\ | | |_ .\ .\ ( )[/b]
I kid you not. Milano was spelled out with a slew of dots, slashes, and parentheses. Actually, if you look closely at the Giulietta brochure, you can see that it's full of graphic elements from the Milano logo.
Interesting.I just looked at the brochure again and found the motifs !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts