Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have an 1988 Milano/75 2.5L V6 and I need to get a new catalytic converter. However, when looking underneath the car, I realized that I have two mufflers instead of one. I wanted to know if this is common to have two mufflers for the 75 or can I get rid of the old muffler and just have the one straight back?

Also, I have the manuals and did not find anything about exhausts in them. If someone could reference that for me, it would be greatly appreciated. :thumbs:

Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Cat converter, centre muffler and rear muffler?

That's the standard configuration yes. You can remove the centre muffler and replace it with a straight pipe, but be prepared to look at replacing the rear if you start getting a resonance buzz at ~3000rpm.

My daily has a Magnaflow cat, straight 2.5" through to a generic rear muffler and it sounds very good. Not ridiculously loud to draw the attention of the police, nor does it drone, but it's loud enough to turn heads.

ROCK ON
R~R

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have twin 2" Magnaflox cats on mine, best thing i ever did to that car, i still have 2 mufflers but the centre is a basically just a resonator and takes the drone out of it, but it does sound like an old school ferrari at 6000 rpm .. sounds like a gtv6 at idle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts