Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a quad pipe cat back system fitted today

What a noise - transformed the throttle response as well :)

Recommended in all areas apart from waiting time - what they said would take 2.5 hours, took 5

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll grab some in the morning - they offer 40 different tailpipe designs but the ones I chose were so obvious it was untrue :)

·
Registered
12,745 Posts
Had a quad pipe cat back system fitted today

What a noise - transformed the throttle response as well :)

Recommended in all areas apart from waiting time - what they said would take 2.5 hours, took 5
They told me mine would take 2.5 hours as well.......done in 2 hours 20 minutes.........:thumbs:
The sound got even better over a couple of months after fitting as well.......2 years on and no problems at all........:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
They did a great job on the GTV (Before Mrs. z killed it..)

even managed to tune it to the specific note she asked for...

"brummm brummmm.." apparently :lol:

Love her really, just don't let her drive your car

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Hey Andy665... that looks and sounds fab....just what I am after!!! :D
If you don't mind me asking how much did your set up cost...???
I have been quoted £469 for a cat back quad system...
Cheers
Rob Davies

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Andy665... that looks and sounds fab....just what I am after!!! :D
If you don't mind me asking how much did your set up cost...???
I have been quoted £469 for a cat back quad system...
Cheers
Rob Davies
£415 fitted with a lifetime guarantee, that included them cutting out the rear bumper for the other pair of pipes

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
[/QUOTE]£415 fitted with a lifetime guarantee, that included them cutting out the rear bumper for the other pair of pipes[/QUOTE]

Cheers for that...thats an awesome deal!!! :D
Just checked MIJ and seen they are based in Walsall... 300mile round trip for me... So looks like I will be sticking with Prospeed in Cardiff!!!

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
£415 fitted with a lifetime guarantee, that included them cutting out the rear bumper for the other pair of pipes[/QUOTE]

Cheers for that...thats an awesome deal!!! :D
Just checked MIJ and seen they are based in Walsall... 300mile round trip for me... So looks like I will be sticking with Prospeed in Cardiff!!!

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

When I was there a couple of blokes arrived from Glasgow, 500+ mile round trip - they said it was worth it because of their reputation for quality - highly regarded in Subaru circles apparently

·
Registered
13,233 Posts
They do a nice pipe and their work isn't bad... but my experience was slightly less rosy. The fabricator looked half asleep (with hindsight) and didn't earth my car properly, so when they welded it, the arc' fried the coil on #1 cylinder and blew up the coil pack frame (T/Spark) .. literally a piece of it was blown off by the shock.

They were interested and quite helpful to resolve the resulting misfire problem.. but took frickin' hours to find out what was wrong before finally not succeding .. blaming some existing/ECU problem and then giving up.

I was there for nearly 8 hours, they fitted a new lamda which they charged me for (it "must have been like that"... even though nobody told it and the car was running perfectly before it got fried by their dim-wit... :( ) and they not only stopped work and all disappeared for lunch, even though time was getting on... they also didn't even offer me a single cup of tea the whole time I was there while different guys came and fiddled about trying to resolve the problem.

In the end they were closing up and I live 200 miles away so I had to drive the limping beast home.

I diagnosed the problem myself with help from AO, bought a new coil for it (which I paid for myself) and had to fit a new coil-pack frame (second hand from someone on AO.. :thumbs:)

I also wanted a "cat back" but Dozey welded the pipe to the regular (mild steel) front silencer, not to the stub of the cat.. I only noticed when I was peeking under it to have a look at it... while they were trying to work out why it wasn't running right.

They argued feebly for 2 minutes that this was "cat back" and not just a back-box with an extra long pipe instead of the standard lozenge silencer.. but that was a non-starter so they welded in a new stainless front silencer that I'd paid for, instead of the mild steel front silencer.

In the process they lost the line up of the tail-pipe in the bumper cut-out. It was perfect before.. so they can do it.. but it was a bit p1ssed afterwards.. I had to bend one of the hangers to make it hang properly straight and level.

So... the quality is excellent and the service is reasonable.. but they lack finesse under pressure. If your fitter fella is a chunky looking guy and looks half asleep.. (my mistake to turn up first thing on a Saturday morning maybe?) do yourself a favour and ask for someone else to do it. Bring a flask and sarnies and a spare lambda too... :D

Ralf S.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts