Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gearbest, advertising in $$ on a predominantly UK based web site seems a bit short sighted to me. Try advertising your products in £££ on AO, you might get more response.

Just saying.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Do we need this kind of constant bombardment of tat in threads as well as adverts all over the place? Really*?

The fact they keep advertising in US$ prices in thread titles etc on a predominantly UK forum just winds me up every time I see their ads - sorry "threads". Surely I am not alone?

*I know that VS just want to plunder as much ad revenue as they can so it suits them. They must realise they are squeezing the life out of AO?

Reactions: AlfaDrivingFan

·
Administrator
87,313 Posts
I think there's only thread with $ in the title & most of the prices now are listed in £ since it was highlighted previously.

FYI Gearbest you might also want to change the currency in your signature to £ though.

All the threads are in the AO Trade Village so they are can be avoided if you don't want to read them ;) I've no interest in any of the threads in the Insurance Section so I rarely bother to look in there.

There's also the option to update your Ignore List if you don't want to see any threads :IGNORE: :thumbs:

As for adverts, it's not an issue for me but I've seen others recommend Ad Blocker or similar alternatives.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hey guys, I changed the currency in my signature to £. And I'm trying to use £ in my threads. Sometimes, I might forget to change the currency, because I manage several forums at the same time, and they use different currency.Mostly we use $, and manage forum section is part of my work, so sometimes don't have much time to change currency. Sorry about that. I will try to do my best to make it easier for you to read.:smile:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts