Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its increasingly looking likely we might have to sell our ti.:cry: :cry: :cry:
I've got an 18 month boy and another on the way and just don't have the time to make the space and money taken up worth the effort right at the moment. A garage costs £500 a year to rent and insurance, tax, track day entries etc. etc. all add up to some very expensive days out.

The really galling thing is that since the engine and gearbox were rebuilt last year and the rolling road session at Mech Motorsports its running better than ever.
If it comes to it I'll put a full spec and spares list with a load of photos etc. in an add on the for sale section before we go down the dreaded e-bay route.

In the meantime here are some basic details in case anybody might be interested:
1983 ti, with rebuilt 1750cc 16v bottom end balanced & lightened, ported 8v head 136 BHP and over 100lb ft between 3-6500 rpm.
Bodywork basically solid, couple of patches on the jacking points for last years MOT but got a good few years in it before a rebuild would be required.
Bolt in cage, lowered on konis 4 or 5 sets of wheels (can't remember without checking)
Spares include a AROC 1.5 race engine, wings, gearboxes, boxes of gaskets etc.

We paid just over £2000 when we bought it a few years ago including the spares and have spent well over £1200 just on the engine and box in the last year or so but know we need to be realistic in these uncertain times.:eek:

Although it has been set up for track days / sprints and hillclimbs it is a useable road car (in the summer unless you refit the heater !).
We are down near Bristol and the car is taxed and tested so can be dragged out quite easily.

I think we would both rather it was out there getting a bit of use by someone who appreciates it rather than sitting in a garage not being used.:)

Will let you all know how the decision goes.....

KR James & Nick

K

·
0 Posts
shame if you do end up having to sell guys, i know how much effort you put in :( was one of the big inspirations i used to draw on for my endeavors
hope it all works out for you :thumbs:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shame for you to be thinking this way, but family is important - could make somebody else very happy though.....
I think you have hit the nail on the head ASN- I know we all get a bit too involved about our bits of metal rubber and plastic - but its all nothing compared to family. :)
I would love it to go to a good home who keeps improving / fixing what is already a fun fast car - better than doing 500 miles a year and not being kept together.:tut:
Long term I'd like to get something I can do with my boy buts thats probably 10 years off so might start a saving fund for 'long term boys toys' :lol:
One day I'll have a garage / fleet/ workshop like yours.....:wow:
KR James

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
shame if you do end up having to sell guys, i know how much effort you put in :( was one of the big inspirations i used to draw on for my endeavors
hope it all works out for you :thumbs:
Thanks for that Kev - I think the time and effort you are putting in shows everyone what can be achieved -one day I'll have the time- but probably in 20 years !:lol:
KR James

·
Regional Representative, For South Africa - AO-SA
5,467 Posts
I've been in much the same situation the last 16 months with my boy. I have had almost no time and very little money to spend on any of my cars. The starage issue is your main gripe, it looks like.

Any chance of getting cheaper (or free) storage somewhere else, even if it is a bit of a drive out ?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've been in much the same situation the last 16 months with my boy. I have had almost no time and very little money to spend on any of my cars. The starage issue is your main gripe, it looks like.

Any chance of getting cheaper (or free) storage somewhere else, even if it is a bit of a drive out ?
Hi Eric, we have asked the question but nothing has come up so far & I've got to convert the back of the garage into a room so the sud needs to be elsewhere for a bit.
Its also a case of if it doesn't get used it will deteriorate and having put a lot into it we wouldn't want that much rather it went to a good home. ;)
We've started to catalogue the spares and there's loads there which we had forgotten about (where did the third spare gearbox come from ?) so for anybody who already has a sud it would be really useful stock.:D
Probably put an add up over the weekend and see where we get too.
KR James

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I just went round the area asking, and found my "Big Shed" quite quickly - and the rent is "a couple of bottles of single malt!" I know I was lucky tho.....

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Annaromeo,
We've put it up for £1995 ono which reflects how much work has gone into the engine / box recently and the spares that come with it.
Obviously we have to be open to negotiation so we'll see where we get to.
KR James

1 - 16 of 16 Posts