Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been doing a bit of research on wrapping and looked at some examples online. I have seen an Audi done in Matt black and it looked amazing ....Think it would cost around the £600>£700 mark !

What's the drawbacks if any ...?

GT does need a bit of work so might spend the extra if feedback is positive ...

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Your insurance will go up.....

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Project abandoned , general consensus is I am way too old (51) to be darting about in a matt black GT :( .....Got a quote today for respray quarter panel , full back bumper , and paint repair on front under sill £200.00 .....Lot cheaper and sensible apparently ...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
536 Posts
Project abandoned , general consensus is I am way too old (51) to be darting about in a matt black GT :( .....Got a quote today for respray quarter panel , full back bumper , and paint repair on front under sill £200.00 .....Lot cheaper and sensible apparently ...:rolleyes:
That's a better idea..:thumbs:

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
all those matt black cars, wrapped or otherwise, will soon be worth a lot less than "normal" cars. it's just a fashion fad that will pass once everyone realises they just look like an old car that the owner cant be arsed to polish :D

awful, simply awful.

why would anyone want a car that looks neglected :confused:

·
Registered
583 Posts
I know I've went a bit mental with the satin black but unless your a mobile pharmacy or driving a super/hyper car the Matt black looks poo!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Nothing wrong with wrap car if its the colour is correct :D. I'm not a fan of matt as a finish myself that why I went for a gloss finish.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
I agree seen some stunning wraps, even some matt ones (lovely matt blue BMW coupe when I was at garage last week) but the black just looks crap IMO.

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
all those matt black cars, wrapped or otherwise, will soon be worth a lot less than "normal" cars. it's just a fashion fad that will pass once everyone realises they just look like an old car that the owner cant be arsed to polish :D

awful, simply awful.

why would anyone want a car that looks neglected :confused:
..or a three dimensional chalk board. I think car wraps are a good idea, but matt black just looks **** on most of them.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
£300 is a bit cheap to do a whole car ? Thats just the cost of the material alone so they must be taking shortcut susch as using cheaper thinners or not doing enough layers. I know this as I am looking into plastidip and working on custom colours.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts