Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of owners have issues with the front anti-roll bar bushes on 156's. I was having a good look at one while doing an MOT the other day and came up with what can only be described as a "Brain fart".

I was thinking why make it so difficult to change the bushes when the anti-roll bar could be removed and then re-positioned in a much easier position for future maintenance... Why does it have to sit on top of the cradle arms? Why not under like many, many other marques?
It "looks" as if you can even use the existing clamps for the rubber bushes, just upside down!

Just wonder if anyone has actually tried this before... I mean it looks possible and the only problem I can see is the length of drop links may need to be changed but that shouldn't be an issue with the sheer amount of different types for sale.
Your thoughts?

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the m8 bolts that shold the ARB in place go thro the underside via larger 19mm holes. Not sure how you'd secure it in place, 8mm bolt would be floppy within 1 19mm hole. I might be worth looking at more closerly though :) You'd more thna likely need longer drop links too as the ARB won't clear the sides of the sub-frame.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts