Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My alfa 156 2.0twin spark have an strange problem its starts to misfire and idle rough and brake pedal becomes hard after about 45 seconds aftercold start,this remains till vehicle stand for about two hours,start smooth then start again.the cam belt have been replace and this started just after replacement alfa lock tools and procedures was used,can the timing be out vehicle goes well and fuel consumption is good done a 1000km since replacement

L

·
0 Posts
What year is the car?

check the sevo pipe, could be cracked or damaged, therefore allowing un-metered air in to the engine. Also check the rubber corrugated pipe between the air flow meter & the throttle body

any warning lights?

I've seen one car [ 1.6 TS ] where the small black servo pipe was rubbing against a cover on the bulk head & it had a slot cut in it form the blanking cover. Only after cetain time or distance would the Engine Management light turn on showing P1177 & P1178 errors. Took me a while BUT eventually I found the damaged pipe. I don'r re-call any braking issue before or improvement afterwards.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
misfire idle 2.0

2004 sportswagon,check the pipes,check throttle and clean,there is an vacuum pipe next to the pipe to the servo that goes into the valvecover with an valve and spring in which looks fine but not sure if it can have an effect(air flow meter was also replace 700km ago with original one from alfa due mulfunction light on,that resoved that issue)

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Have you checked the fault codes again?

Could be several things (lambda, MAF (again especially if non-Bosch), coil parts, etc.

Is it a TwinSpark or JTS engine?

L

·
0 Posts
Have you checked the fault codes again?

Could be several things (lambda, MAF (again especially if non-Bosch), coil parts, etc.

Is it a TwinSpark or JTS engine?
the clue in the 4th & 5th words :cheese:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts