Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,759 Posts
Happily, there are loads of these on YouTube. Whether as the star or just lurking in the background, Giulias seemed to feature in every single Italian tv programme in the 70s :)

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,759 Posts
You’ve all seen it before but I’m going to indulge myself:)

I still cannot believe I sold mine, and it’s an exasperation that’s exacerbated as the years roll by. It taught me an important lesson, though. When you have something good, you must never, ever, let it go. I suppose that’s one useful legacy of the GTV6.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,759 Posts
And while we’re indulging...

That’s a stock engine from a mass manufactured car. And it sounds like that. Maybe a sound expert or acoustic expert can explain more, but forget how ‘aggressive’ it sounds at high RPM, it’s the low notes I love the most, the gentle yet rich waffle it makes as the revs drop... it sort of cocoons you into a bubble of musical warmth. With that (cliche alert!) opera playing out, I felt sophisticated, just by being in the presence of such a melodious engine. It has better breeding than I do.

lovely.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I’m bored too. Here’s mine from the 80’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/
And while we’re indulging...

That’s a stock engine from a mass manufactured car. And it sounds like that. Maybe a sound expert or acoustic expert can explain more, but forget how ‘aggressive’ it sounds at high RPM, it’s the low notes I love the most, the gentle yet rich waffle it makes as the revs drop... it sort of cocoons you into a bubble of musical warmth. With that (cliche alert!) opera playing out, I felt sophisticated, just by being in the presence of such a melodious engine. It has better breeding than I do.

lovely.
I’m sure James Walton couldn’t wait to get back to Walton mountain to tell john-boy about his first day in the big city and getting hijacked by Chevy chase.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts