Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

Just wondering what type of oil I should buy (for top-ups in between services) for the JTDm? Also what quantity should I get (1L?)?
I presume we go for Selenia branded stuff? - what grade is best suited?

To any of the Irish members, is that motor factors on the Kylemore Road the only place to supply Selenia?

Finally, what oil consumption should I expect typically?

Thanks a lot

C.

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Fiat dealers will have selenia oil aswell if thats any easier or more convinient.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry - I am still in petrol engined mode...stupidly thinking/presuming that the engine would consume some oil in between services.

I managed to blag rear arch stone protection film as part of my purchase. These are currently on order from Armourfend in the UK so as soon as they arrive I will drop over for fitment & blag some oil in case I'm in need!

Sound like I won't need it, but just in case :)

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Halfords do a full synthetic 10W40 diesel oil that is suitable.

Its also used for VAG diesels.

Ive done 9000 miles in the 159 with zero oil consumption.

N

·
0 Posts
Just use the remains of that 2l can
the dealers leave in the boot. (And charge you for.)

;)

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have just put 1/4 litre into my JTDM at about 4500 miles as it could not decide whether to display max or one bar down from max on the dashboard display when starting up. On checking the dipstick it was slightly off the max.
The oil is Selenia WR 5W-40 Wide Range that I bought from Bishops of Guildford for about £6-50 plus VAT for 2 litres.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You should expect zero consumption from the JTD. Alfa should have give you some oil to top up, get back down the dealer, you just spent a wad on an upgrade the least they can do is give you a litre of oil just incase. I have three from services velcroed to my boot :rolleyes:
Zero oil consumption with Diesel ! :eek: - I've just put 1 litre into my 159 20v after the warning light came on, I've had a lot of Alfas all petrols before the 159 and was used to topping up, bit concerned now, should I be going back to the garage, 159 is five Months old and has 13k (98% fast motorway) miles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts