Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering an order for a new Veloce. Has anyone had the "Mid Level Audio Sound Theatre" added as an option? Is it worth it, or is the standard audio good enough (my 159 has the BOSE set up).

·
Registered
Giulia Quadrifoglio
527 Posts
I find the standard set up just fine.

I believe it the Veloce Ti will be available to order in the UK soon. It might be worth waiting a little longer....

Reactions: chrisbarbers

·
Registered
108 Posts
I am considering an order for a new Veloce. Has anyone had the "Mid Level Audio Sound Theatre" added as an option? Is it worth it, or is the standard audio good enough (my 159 has the BOSE set up).
Mid level is the best option IMO, as it allows for easy changing of the power amp in the boot. Many threads about it in here.
Base level has the amp built-in to the headunit, so makes cabling more difficult.
HK/Premium is also good, but few believe worth the money.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I'm very glad that I purchased the mid-level set up, there is a noticeable difference when you compare it to the bog standard set up, especially on the low end frequencies. Now mine has loosened up its really rich and colourful in its sound. I was playing Tricky on the way home the other night and it sounded incredible.

Reactions: rank1

·
Registered
88 Posts
I took a demo model for spin with the HK audio and to be honest I wasn’t that impressed. I’m hoping it was just how the garage had it set up, very muffled and too bassy, the mids and highs were horrible and the clarity just wasn’t there. I’ll still go for HK on my build most likely and hope that I can get a good sound out of it!

·
Registered
113 Posts
I specified HK on my Veloce and find it to be a really good supplying a rich and clear output. That’s after a spot of fiddling with the levels and such.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I still think the HK is pants and not worth the money. Some fiddling does improve the sound. Definitely worth turning surround sound off.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I still think the HK is pants and not worth the money. Some fiddling does improve the sound. Definitely worth turning surround sound off.
A lot harsh IMHO - comparing it with my in home system, previous ‘as supplied’ in car systems, Bose in an Audi and Bose in a Giulietta I’d say it was pretty damned good for an in-car system and a big improvement over the standard Giulia system which is the only other Giulia based system I’ve heard.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I just listen to the engine! :thumbup::biglaugh:

Reactions: rank1

·
Registered
88 Posts
Now I’m having seconds thoughts about the HK being in my build?
I am a bit of an audio snob and listen to music a lot whilst driving. Is it the mid level the best option??

·
Premium Member
8,013 Posts
Now I’m having seconds thoughts about the HK being in my build?
I am a bit of an audio snob and listen to music a lot whilst driving. Is it the mid level the best option??
opinions differ, some like it, some don't ;)
I'm quite happy with my HK. If you're not certain, go and listen :)
preferably with your own high quality audio tracks on a USB stick.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mid level now withdrawn?

I added the mid level system when I put in my order for a Veloce, but this week the garage said it was no longer in the options list. Apparently the Driver Assistance Pack has also gone (rear camera) and been replaced withe a more expensive Driver Assistance Pack Plus. Does anyone know if Apple Play is now standard in the new specs?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey. The new factory builds come with Apple CarPlay/Android Audio, tinted rear windows and dark grey alloys as standard and the base OTR price is now £38,975

I did listen to HK streaming from Spotify and then radio to be fair so I’m still going to have it on my build as I want the best audio I can get. I’m a tinkerer and will play with settings to get best sound.

Will it read older iPod classics if connected via USB?

Thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts