Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I wash and dry my microfibre towels all the fibres seem to clog up.
I don't use fabric softener or and 2 in 1 wash gels and I only wash them at 40 degrees max. I have used really cheap wash gel in the past but I haven't used it on my new towels and it still keeps happening, oh and I also wash the tray out before use.

Just wondering if anyone could help

Thanks

·
Registered
630 Posts
Are they all the same brand? Only thing I can suggest is trying a different one if so

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
I tend to wash hotter (60 deg., have gone up to 90 deg), and I always fill the fabric conditioner reservoir with distilled white vinegar.. Fastest spin setting to dry as best as possible, and then hung on the line/radiators to dry through..

Sometimes the fibres will cling together a bit after the drying, but they free up with a light "ruffling" and are fine when used... Especially on my Reaper towel with the long plushy fibres... But always free's up with use...

I think a tumble dryer at moderate/low heat is useful for fluffing them up again... But I don't have one of them!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, I'm going to try it this week, it was my reaper towel it happens to first and it is a brilliant drying towel i wouldn't mind using it again. Thanks for your help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts