Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fitted x2 Continentals to the front x1 year ago and was very pleased with them. But after just 12 months and around 6.5k miles they are shot - very disappointing and expensive. I have just ordered x2 replacements and arranged fitting through Event Tyres (mobile fitting) using 225/40R18 92W MICHELIN PILOT SPORT 3 XL @ £116.62 per tyre.

They charge when the van arrives and apparently get a £15 promo per tyre you can use on fuel - so thats £30 thank you - and some very good long living (here's hoping) tyres dirt cheap.

Plus they come to me! Still waiting for the catch.:inlove:

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Good price for the Michelins. I've done around 8k on a set of Gooyear F1 Assymetric 2s and the fronts are down to 3 or 4mm. Will be swapping them to the back soon to even the wear.

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Minerva, what speed rating does the handbook say? W is up to 168mph, Y is 186 mph, that is required for GTA's not sure about the GT. That may be the catch :eek:

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Minerva, what speed rating does the handbook say? W is up to 168mph, Y is 186 mph, that is required for GTA's not sure about the GT. That may be the catch :eek:
Since neither car is capable of anything close to 168 on W I think I'm safe enough.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very good service, price and £30 fuel allowance on x2 tyres. All fitted all good - lasts for November at Event Tyres.

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Since neither car is capable of anything close to 168 on W I think I'm safe enough.
I agree, but try telling that to the insurance company when they find out you've fitted non-OEM spec tyres.

Me? I'd rather play safe.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree, but try telling that to the insurance company when they find out you've fitted non-OEM spec tyres.

Me? I'd rather play safe.
Just spoke to Michelin who said so long as they are on the same axle its ok.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts