Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you get them??

If so Where?

Searched all over the web but not finding them anywhere. Saw some mention of spider/brerra mjet pumps being metal impeller pumps but searching the usual parts places just turned up the same plastic ones as the 156....

So can you get all metal pumps for m-jet's and if so where from?

Cheers

John

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
All the 147/156 petrol waterpumps i have bought from Eurocarspares had metal impellors perhaps give them a call see which branch has one in stock and ask them to look at the part.Im able to get 147 waterpumps at £18.00 with metal impellors.I will shortly need one for a 147 jtd so i will soon find out myself.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seen it said Brerra's and Spider M-Jets had metal impellor pumps that don't seem to suffer from as many bearing failures either.

Which is why I was interested really.

·
Registered
30,084 Posts
Seen it said Brerra's and Spider M-Jets had metal impellor pumps that don't seem to suffer from as many bearing failures either.

Which is why I was interested really.
p/n 55209993 is spec'd for all of them, not just Brera/Spider JTD.

The impeller isn't the problem on the Diesel pumps anyway!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
p/n 55209993 is spec'd for all of them, not just Brera/Spider JTD.

The impeller isn't the problem on the Diesel pumps anyway!
Look through the forum and web seems to be a few impellor probs and suspect mine had parted company.

Anyway just read about the other cars having metal impellors also had less bearing failures. oh well the post must have been wrong.

John

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok seeing as the OEM pumps seem to be so ****.... I found a few other options... Saleri Italy make pumps (not sure how good or not they are).

Also found an SKF pump that will fit. IIRC SKF make Bearings (and quite good ones at that) and SKF are only company I can see who claim to make parts equal to or exceeding OEM part specs.

Anyone got any thoughts on alternative pumps to the Bugatti ones we are supplied as OEM or any comments on the two makes I have listed?

Cheers

John

·
Registered
30,084 Posts
Remember that there have been several revisions to the OEM pumps and most of the failures on here will be earlier p/n than the one I quoted earlier.

I've no idea if there was a relevant change to the pump with the different p/n or if it was just a supplier change.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still going to avoid OEM if I can.. Don't trust them

Don't want to downgrade though so does anyone think SKF are good quality at least as good as OEM?

cheers

John

·
Registered
9,207 Posts
SKF probably make the bearings used in the Alfa branded pumps .. ;)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SKF probably make the bearings used in the Alfa branded pumps .. ;)
Lol probe but don't need to be same spec or price as the oem would tell skf what they want :)

Ah will try the skf one I am happy with them as a make and can't be any worse lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts