Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen this problem mentioned on the forums but have yet to find a resolution. The Alarm arms and disarms correctly - The Ambers flash in the correct sequence - When armed, any intrusion is detected by the sensors and the ambers flash but no sound. Not even a bip when the remote is pressed - Nothing - I have checked/unplugged/replugged the connectors to the siren and the control unit under the radio...

Has anyone had the same problem and been able to resolve it? Or am in for a new alarm ... along with a MAF and/or O2 sensor (Different problem) ... Oh the joys af being an AO ...

·
Registered
309 Posts
On my car that is not the siren, its the brain. The siren is under the bonnet left side as you face. Could be the siren has been turned off(some have a key, mine didn't) or disconnected or bad earth to siren. Could also be the siren has been deactivated by use of pin switches on the brain.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply - I checked for a key on the Siren but none found, I don't think this was present on UK spec cars. It was the siren under the bonnet that I checked ...The previous owner says that it was working - But then she would say that.... Should there be an audible bip when you arm and disarm the alarm?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Try connecting a known good earth. Check for live feed. Also check the siren is connected correctly to brain. If all this fails siren is probably knackered. Yes should be a chirp, but this MAY be silenced by use of pin switches, I am not sure if the Meta has this function but a lot of alarms do. Have you tried to open a door with a key instead of fob to see if indicators flash ?

R

·
0 Posts
Someone else had this problem recently and solved it by getting a new siren from a breakers yard. Easy job apparently.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tried opening the door with key when alarm armed - The ambers flash but no sound - I think a trip to a breakers is probably the next step Rob .. Thanks for the advice guys

·
Registered
317 Posts
There should be no chirp/beep when arming and disarming. It could be the siren has got wet in the past and the internals are corroded. Try taking it apart and have a look to see if it can be cleaned. But it's probably easier just going to a breakers yard.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good tip Nosbork - As it is probably faulty and I have to remove it anyway, might as well take it apart and check it out ..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts