Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Whatever is best it will differ from person to person.
Had two Alfas and four Hondas (one was the missus) two of them brand new can anyone guess which was best?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
well the response will be 1 or 3:

1. take your traccie bottoms and shell suit, along with your burberry baseball hat with your civic s-port and poke off back to the STD clinic, they've got the crab cream in you were after.

2. The nursing home just called, they said that mouldy old git in the accord has gone missing again, they're looking for you!

3. well done, you chose an alfa and therefore have taste, style and are a true petrol head. please stay and make yourself at home.

·
Registered
13,685 Posts

1. take your traccie bottoms and shell suit, along with your burberry baseball hat with your civic s-port and poke off back to the STD clinic, they've got the crab cream in you were after.

2. The nursing home just called, they said that mouldy old git in the accord has gone missing again, they're looking for you!

3. well done, you chose an alfa and therefore have taste, style and are a true petrol head. please stay and make yourself at home.
Oh bugger I had two Accords :lol: They were great cars but not exciting. We also had two Civics, one a coupé and the other a hatch. They were great cars but not exciting.

I would have my two Alfas every single day, though do rate Hondas. A type 'R' is surely a nice car?

Jwynn , can I ask how long you have owned the Honda?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I've only been in 1 type R, that was a civic - it was the most god awaful experience of my life.

the engine doesnt really have anything that resembles power, its kind of revvy but no torque and it makes all the noise in the world. The ride was truely horrific, I actually had to have my spine straightened when I got out. couple to that the kind of attention they attract and the fact that they all seem to have exhausts I could actually crawl up not my cup of tea I am afraid.

My dad did have an accord company car 2.0 form and it wasnt a bad car really although not inspiring, a friend of mine had a 2.4 version as well, again kinda cool in black with blacked out windows but still just a saloon.

dont compare to a 156 GTA am afraid.

·
Registered
513 Posts
My Pa had a 2.0 Accord Aerodeck, it was a very reliable, very dull appliance. About as much spirit as the dishwasher.

·
Registered
180 Posts
we have had this type r for about 3yrs now it has all the mods ,fast race set up,induction kit,poly bushes,chipped,etc it certainly goes like sh't off a shovel ,its up for sale and cant get the right price for it,the insurance is a fortune and it costs a fortune to run,,give me my alfa everyday:)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Blimey matey that's a strong thing to say!! each to their own eh. We buy cars for different reasons!! You want an engaging drivers machine that makes you smile every time you drive it.... buy an alfa.......you want a boring drab reliable piece of fine engineering and the choice of motor for victor meldrew then buy a honda!! :lol:

Only jesting there are some ok honda's out there!! im not a big fan on the vtec power delivery! point was thank god we are all different eh! please don't take offence.:thumbs:

Damien.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts

:cheese::cheese:

·
Registered
37,764 Posts
The answer would depend on what you consider as best.

If it is totally hassle free but boring motoring it would be the Honda.

If you want excitement and style, but don't mind the odd niggle it would be the Alfa.

Having said that, I liked driving my dads Civic Type R. If you were in a comitted mood, and allowed the engine to rev it went well and sounded great.

However I hated the styling of it.

·
Registered
9,490 Posts
Somewhat surprising post from jwynn - his last post I remember was to whinge about his Alfa having been stolen when his keys were taken from a changing room - and I think without exception all the responses were supportive and helpful......for which we are repaid by what I consider to be - in the context of an Alfa forum, an abusive post.

Nowt stranger than folk:rolleyes:

Oh and the only Honda I've travelled any distance in was a 4-year old Jazz, down to Goodwood last year.......performed perfectly, but the seats were uncomfortable for me as a passenger, and my mate who was driving had to keep stopping as the driving position was so bad that he kept getting cramp.

I'm sure there are millions of people who love them - but I don't. Doesn't make me swan off to a Honda forum and tell them to buy an Alfa, however.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
They didn't pinch the keys to his poxy Honda, even thieves have taste. .....On the list.

In the context of an Alfa forum, that's a natural reaction, you others are far too polite.:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I used to own a Honda Civic and it was a pretty good car. Never let me down, but never got my heart racing either (and I got really fed up having to rev the nuts off it to get it to go anywhere).

But that aside, how many of us grew up drawing pictures of Hondas wishing we could own one? That's the difference for me.

K

·
0 Posts
Best is very subjective.

My Primera GT was a better car than my 156 in every department apart from the more subjective ones of looks and possibly image. However, in an ideal world I'd rather have a 156 than Primera.

·
Registered
26 Posts
my car has had 3 replacement wishbones and a clutch and flywheel during my ownership from 60-100k miles. Thats the 54 plate accord by the way not the 144k mile alfa which feels better built than the tinny honda. I know which i think is 'better'.

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Crap / baiting thread - uncalled for considering the support we offered to the OP in the past :rolleyes:

Mind the Honda doesn't get nicked eh?

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.