Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Your car is looking stunning :cool:

I walked through B&Q tonight and saw it parked up, I had to have a glance back too :)

Hope you are well mate.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Cheers Adam

Should have left a note - it's a bit dusty - not been used much over the last 3 weeks... :(

We should catch up.

All the best - Simon

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I don't know why - but recently I appear to have a load of comments - complementary ones about my GTA. A few weeks ago at the local petrol station, 2 guys coming out of their R32 walked up and said how nice the GTA is, as they walked in the forecourt shop, a guy coming out overheard them and just said... " I agree - lovely car", last week, parking up in Bluewater, two guys just stopped, turned around and started nodding in approval.

I think it's the weather... or are GTA's just getting to a point where people are starting to see them as more modern day classic?

Or are people looking at us GTA's owners thinking we are brave for owning an ageing Alfa?

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know why - but recently I appear to have a load of comments - complementary ones about my GTA. A few weeks ago at the local petrol station, 2 guys coming out of their R32 walked up and said how nice the GTA is, as they walked in the forecourt shop, a guy coming out overheard them and just said... " I agree - lovely car", last week, parking up in Bluewater, two guys just stopped, turned around and started nodding in approval.

I think it's the weather... or are GTA's just getting to a point where people are starting to see them as more modern day classic?

Or are people looking at us GTA's owners thinking we are brave for owning an ageing Alfa?
I had it a couple of months back stuck in traffic in Dartford, a guy walked past me and gave the GTA a thumbs up. :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
I’ve just got back from an evening out with some work colleagues. There were a few car loads of us and they were more or less fighting over who got a lift in my 147GTA. When we got to the restaurant I was asked to open the bonnet and they all crowded round going "oooh". The joke was that my car was the cheapest one out of everyone’s at work, and there's didn't even get a look in.

The main comment was how amazing it performed with four people in, but also everyone was really surprised by the great interior and build quality.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The main comment was how amazing it performed with four people in, but also everyone was really surprised by the great interior and build quality.
Mine is 6 years old this year, and still not a rattle or squeak "touch wood" and spending a day out in my mates 2004 156 2.4 diesel that was much the same. Not so for my Dad's 2006 Hyundai which squeaks like a good'un these days.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Nice one!
I have had a few people asking to buy it if i ever decided to sell it.
Such a nice feeling!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts