Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
19,706 Posts
While I couldn't possible comment on the behaviour of ghastly Mercedes drivers ;), I can tell you something about that tunnel, having cycled through it as a kid on my bike and driven through it more times than I care to think about as an adult.

The bloke in the silver S-Class does not have priority. From his direction, to negotiate the tunnel carefully, you need to steer as far as you can left to the kerb, then look to the right and ahead of you as the tunnel is narrow and has a slight kink in it. If it's clear, off you go, but you need to be careful because...

From the other direction (that of the woman in the SL), the tunnel comes very soon after a right hand bend and you can't always see if there's something in it until you get closer, esp if you're not really checking or looking ahead. Even though she has priority, any normal person would accept that if there's a car in the tunnel already before she enters it, you slow and wait for the other vehicle to leave. From my experience, this takes about, hmm, a nano-second of your life.

Clearly, the SL wasn't there when Mr S-Class made the decision to go through the tunnel. 3/4s of the way through though, as is not uncommon, he probably caught sight of the SL as it made the approach to the tunnel.

She was probably under the impression she has right of way at ALL times in that tunnel, which is daft. And worrying.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
The pair of them need their heads banging together.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
"If you don't back up the police will take your licence from you"

Really?

In a situation like that, if I was in the right, I imagine myself getting a lump hammer out of my boot, putting on safety glasses of course, and smashing the fook out of the other car.:vs_lol:

And then I wake up.

·
Read Only
4,556 Posts
I regularly go through that tunnel - never had a problem, and it makes a cracking noise when I boot the Wizarded GT through it in first. However, I would say that Maidenhead has more than its fair share of ****-witted drivers like that woman.

·
Vendor
47,143 Posts
Clearly the old fella needs to hand his license in and get to his GP for a checkup.

And the woman in the Merc, words fail me. Why people feel the need to behave like that I don't know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts