Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 2007 GT 1.9JTDm a couple of weeks back. I got it for a very good price but part of the deal was I would sort out the 'glow plug error' myself once the warranty was swapped into my name. Anyhow this morning the error flashed up as normal then about 10 minutes later I get the 'vdc error'. I pull over and turn the ignition off and it clears the 'vdc' error for a while. Comes back on again a couple of more times as does the 'glow plug' one. Eventually this afternoon I start my car up and get neither error. I drive around for the whole afternoon and nothing. It could be my imagination but the car feels quicker too :confused:

Anyhow here's hoping to them staying away and I have now booked it in for a remap on Friday that I was holding back on until the errors were sorted. Can't wait!!! I love me remaps :lol:

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Battery ??
That's what I was thinking but as the car is only 2 years old I thought surely not???

So your back in a GT now g??

What happend to the GTA???

Look what I've just bought for mine:
Alfa Romeo Shop - Tuning, Styling, Fanartikel und Modellautos - Alfa GT Bilstein Gewindefahrwerk B14 Bilstein Gewindefahrwerk B14 PSS 43890
:D:D:D:D

Not good for your back but hopefully will suit me just fine :p
They look the business. Like you say at my age I'd struggle to get in and out :lol:

Yep had to return to the diesel fold as my missus is pregnant so I need to save money so sadly the GTA had to go. I've already saved about £20 on fuel this week alone. I did want a Brera but there is no way we will all fit in as a family of four when the new un comes along

I must admit I am missing the GTA loads but I'm just gonna have to accept that I have a great new car in the GT and not to act so spoilt :lol:

P.S The 'glow plug error' is back :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,915 Posts

·
Vendor
45,299 Posts
I had a glow plug error on my 10v JTD from the day I bought it til the day I sold it. Never took more than a second of cranking to fire, even with half a foot of snow on the bonnet.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bought a 2007 GT 1.9JTDm a couple of weeks back. I got it for a very good price but part of the deal was I would sort out the 'glow plug error' myself once the warranty was swapped into my name. Anyhow this morning the error flashed up as normal then about 10 minutes later I get the 'vdc error'. I pull over and turn the ignition off and it clears the 'vdc' error for a while. Comes back on again a couple of more times as does the 'glow plug' one. Eventually this afternoon I start my car up and get neither error. I drive around for the whole afternoon and nothing. It could be my imagination but the car feels quicker too :confused:

Anyhow here's hoping to them staying away and I have now booked it in for a remap on Friday that I was holding back on until the errors were sorted. Can't wait!!! I love me remaps :lol:
Sounds like it's already had a map, if there's a prob with a slight over boost on the turbo you can get a sort of half limp mode that clears after 3 restarts that could explain why the car was quicker when the errors cleared :)

Who ever does your map get them to make sure it's not been done already because dropping another map into an already mapped car could make the problem worse :)

Hope this helps
Tony

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So what car are you getting next week?
Not sure yet. Might get another GTA :lol:

I had a glow plug error on my 10v JTD from the day I bought it til the day I sold it. Never took more than a second of cranking to fire, even with half a foot of snow on the bonnet.
Very strange. I've booked it in to the dealers for next week as it's still in warranty so I'll see what they say. Going to get the battery checked today as well

Sounds like it's already had a map, if there's a prob with a slight over boost on the turbo you can get a sort of half limp mode that clears after 3 restarts that could explain why the car was quicker when the errors cleared :)

Who ever does your map get them to make sure it's not been done already because dropping another map into an already mapped car could make the problem worse :)

Hope this helps
Tony
Cheers Tony. Very helpful. It feels pretty quick so it made me think if it's had a map alreay. I did ask the previous owner but he never had one done but he only had it a couple of months

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The only way to tell is to get it to a Tuner that reads the ECU before writing to it :thumbs:

Not sure where you are based Matey but I know Alfatune in St Helens offer that as standard before mapping any car :)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The only way to tell is to get it to a Tuner that reads the ECU before writing to it :thumbs:

Not sure where you are based Matey but I know Alfatune in St Helens offer that as standard before mapping any car :)
Nottingham so not too far away. I usually use Angel so I will check with Nigel before I re-book it

Thanks ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts