Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Administrator
23,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now then - anyone who has met me will know I am 61 years old, haven't shaved or had a haircut for 20 years, have piled on some pounds and spends his life dressed in black jeans, tshirts and shirts. Like I care about how others see me. I'll dress up for weddings etc but most of the time I really don't care.

BUT I do have a thing about shoes. I will wear walking shoes when, well walking, but I loathe "normal" men's shoes - by which I mean loafers, brogues, and the boring standard designs that everyone else seems to be content with. Most mens shoes are so dull.

I wear boots but like interesting designs, please exclude cowboy/pirate (not interested) but include Edwardian button.

My point? Over the years I have bought various boots and will have them resoled and heeled time after time as I like designs which will not be repeated.

Please feel free to berate me but - am I alone?

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
That's why we love you Paul :D

I'm the complete opposite, have one pair of black shoes and one pair of brown. Always boring and always from Clarks.

L

·
0 Posts
I'm kind of with you there.

My wife will buy me clothes on occasion (I rarely go and do it myself) because I have no interest in fashion or indeed care what I look like. But, shoes are another matter. I will do this myself and I'm quite fussy to what I will wear. Nothing unusual in their designs.....just that I have too feel comfortable with how they look/ feel.

·
Administrator
60,108 Posts
That's why we love you Paul :D

I'm the complete opposite, have one pair of black shoes and one pair of brown. Always boring and always from Clarks.
Sounds like my hubby :lol: same 2 pairs, same company.

·
Administrator
60,108 Posts

·
Administrator
23,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why would you need more than one pair of shoes.! You've only got one pair of feet.!

Same goes for socks/underpants etc :mygrin1:
True - but what's that smell? - why, it's pendragonfalls.

·
Registered
14,827 Posts
I'm with Paul. Have several pairs of shoes. Always at least one pair of boots. Look for interesting designs and always decent quality because they will last.

·
Administrator
23,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
So you have trainers :thumbs: :lol:

Paul :) do you have trainers?
Sorry no - an ugly concept imvho despite whatever "designer" tries to make them look appealing.

No problem with sports shoes with people who do sport but why walk through town in them when you have never even run for a bus?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts