Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have tried to change my location and when i select country and click United kingdom nothing appears in County/State.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to add that i managed to change through the edit options but does not work on the about me section at the user profile part.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Members Location on posts - Awaiting fix

The previous incarnation of AO had a displayed fidelity on the location of State whereas the new one is Country, any chance of having this changed back makes reading some of the threads alot easier as you know where people are in the UK!

Otherwise like the new forums, they seem a tad faster than the old.

GK

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Members location United Kingdom - Info

I have noticed that most members seem to have location: United Kingdom on their posts, as do I.

I have noticed that others have a specific location, eg Whitly Bay.

Is it possible to choose from a drop down pre-defined list, but also to have the option of adding to that database field with an add text box. Even if it was a dropdown with counties, that would suffice.

From a club point of view, it would be great to know where other members are based.

Loving the forum, and thanks again for all the recent work.

David aka Prof Peach

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Tried that but it still onl shows United Kingdom on my posts.

Dosn't give the option to leave country blank and only choose Northumberland.

·
Administrator
8,045 Posts
I can see both on your posts?

We show both for the benefit of non UK members, they at least will know where the UK is and for us, we know where south Africa is etc... ;)
If you cannot see this infor press CTRL and F5 key on your keyboard.

Better?

G

·
0 Posts
same problem for me, I can set to United Kingdom but get no drop down box options only - , no counties or other choices

Custom profile field options in the admin panel might be set to allow admins/moderators to view ie private field checked?

Can this not be set to a text field to allow members to put their town/city in?

for those using a mac its shift refresh not ctrl F5 :)

·
Administrator
8,045 Posts
Did you empty your cache? It is showing here ok as a test user, hiwever if you are editing from anywhere other than profile>edit my details then it will not show a county/state.
Please confirm. (I will change the way the member info page edits later today to make it more universal.

AO)

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Its showing now :eek:

But it vanished off another post when i edited it

Its now gone again now i left this thread and came back its gone , its also not showing on older posts ive made
^^^ same here. Came up initially but disapeared again.

Thought it was just me cos it was late.:confused:

G

·
0 Posts
I've tried both ways to edit, if I use the "edit your details" page the county dropdown boxes do show, if you go to the member profile and click the pen to edit it doesn't which I think is what you are going to alter?

Now showing in postbit...

G

·
0 Posts
no, its not showing in postbit, appeared then went, safari and firefox both the same

·
Registered
9,809 Posts
Did you empty your cache? It is showing here ok as a test user, hiwever if you are editing from anywhere other than profile>edit my details then it will not show a county/state.
Please confirm. (I will change the way the member info page edits later today to make it more universal.

AO)

profile>edit details is the way i did it, but it only shows west mids for one post then when you navigate to another lounge or log off then come back , its gone again .

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
So how come mine is allowed to say 'Sunny S.Yorks'... :confused:

Its not even sunny today :rant::mad:

;)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.