Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen many threads about the megajolt set up with the trigger wheel on the crank pulley for a distributorless system.

Any ideas where you can buy the complete kit as shown? Just a consideration right now as a new improvement to add while I'll be dropping the engine next month.

Also considering an electric fuel pump and regulator like the round one on Dellorto.co.uk with a separate regulator like this one. Often I don't use the car for more than a week and can sometimes run dry.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190587533395

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hey Brit,

i've been told the malpassi filter king regulator is the thing to get.. often come up on ebay for same money as the example you gave.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've been told the malpassi filter king regulator is the thing to get.. often come up on ebay for same money as the example you gave.
thanks but new they are about 60-70 quid:eek:
maybe lucky with a used one but who knows.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A

·
0 Posts
Hey Brit,

Is this similar to the one factory fitted on Giulias?

My Alfasud is a single choke carb, can I use it and will it help cold starting and normal operation or must have the injection or multicarb boxer?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Is this similar to the one factory fitted on Giulias?

My Alfasud is a single choke carb, can I use it and will it help cold starting and normal operation or must have the injection or multicarb boxer?
The posts above are proposing electric fuel pumps or anti-drain valves to fix the problem of fuel disappearing out of the fuel lines when a carby boxer doesn't get used for a week or two. Those solutions wouldn't affect cold starting or normal running, they'd just make it easier to start the car after it had been sitting for a few weeks.
I have this problem with my 33. The fuel all evaporates out of the carbs and whatnot, but there's only so much charge left in the battery after a week or two of running the alarm and the rust inhibitor. It often takes the fuel pump too long to get fuel back from the tank, so the battery is dead before the fuel gets to the engine. :rolleyes:
Solution to evaporating fuel - drive Alfa more often.
Solution to poor cold running of a single carb boxer - convert to twin carb.

A

·
0 Posts
Solution to evaporating fuel - drive Alfa more often.
Solution to poor cold running of a single carb boxer - convert to twin carb.
Thanks for the info Ben. :thumbs:

I try to drive it as oftenly as I can but having a five member family Alfasud is sometimes ......... small to accommodate us. :lol:

As regards the twin carbs I will try to keep the car to factory specs. When I bought my Alfa33 S1 Q.V. was very impressed how easy cold start was even without using the choke.

A

·
0 Posts
or Solution 4 - Accept the prons & cons of the 70s technology and enjoy your car.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Solution 3 - Insert little amount of fuel directly to the carb from the top.....
Had to do this last week BUT it takes time as you need to remove airbox and air intakes and have petrol on hand with a small funnel or syringe to get it in the small breather hole.
Bit of a pain when you have a wife and 19 month kid waiting to be taken somewhere.
:lol:

I might first try a cheap non-return valve.

·
Registered
503 Posts
re megajolt kits

Had to do this last week BUT it takes time as you need to remove airbox and air intakes and have petrol on hand with a small funnel or syringe to get it in the small breather hole.
Bit of a pain when you have a wife and 19 month kid waiting to be taken somewhere.
:lol:

I might first try a cheap non-return valve.
Hi brit if u want a megajolt kit the uk distrubutor is triggerwheel.com complete kits are listed on there however no listing for alfa you could e-mail them to see if they can do one to suit alfa the mini ones they list are around 300 quid hope this helps!!

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks.
Bit confused of what I would need.

1) Megasquirt/Microsquirt ECU
2) USB-serial adaptor
3) EDIS module -4-cylinder
4) Crank sensor+connector ( what about the trigger wheel that attaches to the pulley?)

Tacho driver???
New 2 bar MAP sensor and connector???

·
Registered
503 Posts
Thanks.
Bit confused of what I would need.

1) Megasquirt/Microsquirt ECU
2) USB-serial adaptor
3) EDIS module -4-cylinder
4) Crank sensor+connector ( what about the trigger wheel that attaches to the pulley?)

Tacho driver???
New 2 bar MAP sensor and connector???
Not up to speed on this stuff myself have got a 16v boxer i am going to put in my 33 and run it on carbs i would suggest mailing them tell them wot u want to do Im sure they will advise you as to exactly wot u need!

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not up to speed on this stuff myself have got a 16v boxer i am going to put in my 33 and run it on carbs i would suggest mailing them tell them wot u want to do Im sure they will advise you as to exactly wot u need!
thks mate - exactly what I just did a while ago. Bit expensive for me now but a nice future project to think about.

·
Registered
741 Posts
thanks but new they are about 60-70 quid:eek:
maybe lucky with a used one but who knows.
My Filter King was working fine and then started leaking fuel from between the bowl & the body.

The seal seemed ok but got a new one but it still leaks.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts