Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Fountain Bi Monthly & ADHOC Pub Bi Monthly

Votes: 4 100.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like some feedback from AO West Midlands members on your " prefered " regular venue. Would you like to...

A. Meet at The Fountain Every Month

B. Meet at The Fountain Bi-Monthly, the meet at ADHOC Pub also Bi Monthly.

Your input appreciated . . .

Thanks
Best Regards.

·
Registered
9,810 Posts
50 odd views and not one reply

Come on guys where's the support here.

This is part of the reason Les and I stepped down as a lack of interest is quite evident.

If you dont like Villans ideas to pick this area up why not post up some suggestions . It's a hard job trying to come up with stuff to do to please everyone.

·
Registered
37,746 Posts
Evel one, I'm having a peep to see how things are going. I'm really sorry to hear the currently situation and I feel for both you and Les, as well as applauding what Villans is doing by jumping in to help out.

I won't vote, but the reason I am therefore one of your 'lurkers' is that I don't feel you should decide anything based on my opinion - I'm too far out to attend, couldn't make the fountain as it conflicted with another engagement (and no, there is nothing to be gained by changing that as I am too far out still ;)) and only manage a couple of meets a year. You ain't missing much by not having me there.

FWIW as an infrequent opportunist 'pop in' sort of person I would be likely to join in something that was 'passing through' or based at something Mrs Pat would be half interested in. So a bit of a point to point/pub meet/ treasure hunt not too far away or a meet that incorporated something like the Mitcar ones at an interesting venue or something to do/see/look at.

Tough sell, I know, which is why my vote is pointless and nobody should base anything on it :).

·
Registered
37,746 Posts
Just to note also that the meet up at Simply Alfas was a good idea. Folks get their car looked at for "quick fix" niggles (or booked in for later business) as well as meeting up with fellow fanatics. Any other Alfa dealers/mechanics could do well to host a similar event.

Similar ideas along the lines of a discount at a valeting service/rolling road might be an idea or a swap-meet or Italian auto jumble would be fun (although a lot harder work, I'm sure)

Has the breakfast meet at RAF Cosford died now too?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I posted in another section about a pub in Kinver ( and I couldn't remember its name) ... it's called The Vine... by the canal, big car park... just a suggestion

Also.... The Bell and The Plough at Trysull......

People who like their real ales... Jolly Crispin in Lower Gornal....

Another possible... Halfpenny Green vineyards.... for the foodies ...they do a beautiful gourmet evening every 2/3 months....or failing that a Sunday brekky meet up ...( they do a mean eggs benedict ! )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts