Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Im new to the site... moved from New York to Dubai and just purchased my First Alfa (159 JTS ) would like to meet some fellow Alfa drivers and join a club or start one if there isnt one available. How about we organize a meet and greet if people don't already know each-other.. otherwise some sort of event.... thoughts?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey gzpermadi, u have facebook? lets get in touch there so we can exchange contact info and get drivers together. also there is a group there called alfa romeo dubai.
Add me on facebook. my name is: raffy dikijian

cheers

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I am suggesting December 16th (friday). Also, I am in Ibn Batutah mall at the Arrab Cafe every Saturday if anyone fancy a shisha

Yes, Al Arrab is a nice spot and i'm there too on Saturdays...

Welcome to Dubai, and enjoy motoring. The 159 is a great car..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Gargash quoting AED16000 for a new drive shaft

This seems like an awful lot of money!

I've got a 159 3.2ltr. Love the car and until now it has been very reliable save for the annual battery failure. It is 2008 model and has only done 40000km. Quite early for a drive shaft to go!

I'd welcome any thoughts on this.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you. So I should get this and ask Al Ahli garage to fit it? Or should I hammer Gargash for over pricing and get them to quote more reasonably?

Sorry - first problem post warranty period, hence the naive questions!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Has the drive shaft failed completely? I find that hard to believe. You probably are suffering from minor knocks on full lock. My 156 had the same symptom at 60,000km and i decided to just leave it until it gets worse. It stands at 225,000km and still going ok.

I wouldnt bother tbh

·
Registered
3 Posts
Gargash has told me that it is cracked and probably has 1000-2000km of life left in it. The car is certainly more of a bumpy ride that before, but goes ok.

·
Registered
77 Posts
That's not good. Is it bad? Are you ok?
thank you so much for your concern. we are all ok, but the car aint :lol:

the axel, shaft, wishbones and probably wheel will have to be replaced....i have taken an off from office tomorrow to sort it out as I have opened the file in dubai.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
thank you so much for your concern. we are all ok, but the car aint :lol:

the axel, shaft, wishbones and probably wheel will have to be replaced....i have taken an off from office tomorrow to sort it out as I have opened the file in dubai.
This the Titanium Grey Selespeed GTA at Husseins? Nice car...Sad about the accident... great you are ok and not hurt or anything like that..

Good luck with the repairs...

·
Registered
77 Posts
This the Titanium Grey Selespeed GTA at Husseins? Nice car...Sad about the accident... great you are ok and not hurt or anything like that..

Good luck with the repairs...
thank you :)

how is you manual conversion? going well? you are quite popular among the alfisti in UAE, btw:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi there everyone,

Just trying to introduce myself as I'm fairly new to these forums. I had a 166 that I had just sold and got a GT today. I'll keep an eye on the next gathering.

Cheers everyone.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts