Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do all, new to Alfa ownership, and looking forward to meeting up and having a chat with some of you guys and gals. I take it such meets are mentioned here? Do you have a regular meeting place or do you travel around a bit as EA is quite a large area! :)

Anyhow look forward to meeting some of you in the near future. BTW in Royston...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know one that has good real ale and serves good food too. The Red House pub on the A1198 Longstowe. Good in summer with a big garden but also good in winter with a big open fire! I guess the fire option is required at the moment :lol: Oh and it has a large car park...

·
Registered
46,602 Posts
I dont have a pipe or slippers :lol:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:rolleyes: well it's still not too bad was there last summer for sunday lunch and i have to say the food was good! Didn't get to sample the ale as i was driving.. But have in the past when i was a passenger and it's quite good in there...

·
Registered
46,602 Posts
I will investigate this pub and report back :thumbs: - as long as it has a good car park, child friendly and decent food thats all we need :D

·
Registered
328 Posts
The local section of the owners club meet every month at a pub somewhere in east anglia...next one is at The Bull, Long Melford Feb 24th

PM GTA_Clare for details

I'm sure you would be welcome :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I am visiting EA next month (March 19/26) and will be staying near Wostead/Dilham/North Walsham - can any one pass on any tips for this area ?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am visiting EA next month (March 19/26) and will be staying near Wostead/Dilham/North Walsham - can any one pass on any tips for this area ?
I can.....be very very careful when driving in Norfolk, especially on the back roads as they are full of potholes!!!! Some fantastic driving roads, nice villages and great pubs.

·
Registered
154 Posts
What sort of information are you looking for? Pubs, temperatures, speed camera locations, events..................or? :cheese:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I live about 10 mins away from North Walsham, and about 2 mins from Dilham !
There are always coppers lurking around in North Walsham, so be aware (2/3 undercover cars as well !)
There would be many things to suggest to do in the summer, but everything is a bit dreery at this time of year !
Yarko (great yarmouth!) is an ok place to go on a Sunday evening car wise, most people seem to congregate down the seafront.
Norwich is the best place to go out around here but your looking at at least 35 pounds for a taxi (and thats if you shop about!) to come home ! Or there is North Walsham to go out in (where most of me and my friends go out!) it is a bit of a dive, but its the only place that has any sort of music, and serves til 2-3am !

Erm.... if you have any specific questions, let me know and i'll try my best to answer !!

Take care!

Laura x

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.